Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time mead, airlock no bubbling after3 days - should i be worried

SO I'm not annoyed at all if you want to be thorough. I'm of the same sort of mine. And I have read as much scientific journals as one can find about this stuff rather than asking on FB or learning on youtube. Very few people actually bother to do the homework to learn the difference between science and just parroting things they have heard other parrot on the public platforms.

You had 2 solid answers saying the same thing and came back and wanted to do something else. I just wonder why people ask for help if they then go off and want to do something they have been advised otherwise. Nothing personal about you friend

So buy doing it this way you are dispelling most of the CO2 in suspension. And, you are dissolving the powder. Dry powder works as nucleation points and this is what causes the mead to explode all over the floor, and sometimes all over the ceiling.

You might enjoy listening to gotmeadlive tonight. I will teaching on how to create well balanced finish product, and I would think you can learn a good bit
    Last edited by Squatchy; 11-16-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post

So buy doing it this way you are dispelling most of the CO2 in suspension. And, you are dissolving the powder. Dry powder works as nucleation points and this is what causes the mead to explode all over the floor, and sometimes all over the ceiling.
    This, A buddy of mine wanted to try this last week. I told him to dissolve it separate and not dump it in(as per advice from here). Lets just say it got into places he didn't think possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12