• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Canadian Commercial Meaderies

Barrel Char Wood Products

Apisbees

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 11, 2017
Vernon BC Canada
Hi I am a newb on this forum and have to admit that I have never made mead. I have had bees since 1981 and for the last 19 years I have judged the honey competition at the Interior Provencal Exhibition in Armstrong BC Canada. I have a good knowledge of bees, beekeeping, and of honey. Properties, grades and grading systems, relation ship between humidity and moisture content. the different sugars and how they effect the properties of honey.
In Kelowna the BCHPA (British Columbia Honey Producers Association) is holding it annual convention and trade show. At the convention we hold a friendly honey and mead competition, open to the attendees to the conference. This year the CHC (Canadian Honey Council) and CAPA (Canadian Association of Professional Apiculturists) are holding their meetings in conjunction with ours so their will be representation their from across Canada.
Due to this the organizing comity has decided to add a commercial class to the mead competition. We are inviting any Canadian meaderies or wineries that make mead to enter their finest in to the competition. Labels are welcome as the bottles will be socked prier to judging and only remover afterwards. The reason for joining I am looking for Canadian Mead commercially available. I have combed through the different provincial government sites and found any that are listed there. If any of you know of any or have a list of meads this information would be appreciated. I Know in the commercial section of this site it says that there are 38 in Canada but it will not let me define the search to find them. Get a either Java script or Cookies not enabled error.
Thanks for any assistance.
Keith

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hey Keith,

I'll take a look at the directory, there might be a code conflict going on. Meanwhile, here is what I have for Canadian Meaderies:

Alley Cat Brewing Company Edmonton Alberta Canada
Applewood Farm Winery Stouffville Ontario Canada
Boquébière Sherbrooke Quebec Canada
Bushwakker Brewing Company 2206 Dewdney Ave Regina Saskatchewan S4R 1H3 Canada
Campbell's Gold Honey Farm and Meadery 2595 Lefeuvre Rd Abbotsford British Columbia V4X 1H5 Canada
Chinook Arch Meadery 386087 16th St. W, Box 12, site 14, RR1, Range Road 11 Okotoks Alberta T1S 1A1 Canada
Cypress Hills Vineyard and Winery Maple Creek Saskatchewan Canada
Fallen Timber Meadery Township Rd. 302 Mountain View County Alberta Canada
Ferme Apicole Desrochers 113, ran 2 Gravel Ferme Neuve Quebec J0W1C0 Canada
Honeydew Apiaries Charlottetown Prince Edward Island Canada
Hydromelerie les Saules Granby Quebec Canada
Intermiel 10291 rang de la Fresniere Mirabel, St-Benoit Quebec J7N 3M3 Canada
Jardin de l'abeille Maria Quebec Canada
Le Clos des Brumes 824, rang 5 Presentation Quebec JOH 1BO Canada
Le Rucher Bernard Bee Bec 152, Rue Principal Beebe Plain Quebec J0B1E0 Canada
Les Clos de Brumes 824, rang 5* La Presentation Quebec JOH 1BO* Canada
Les Enterprises Prince-Leclerc 239, chemin Haut de la Paroisse St-Agapit Quebec G0S1Z0 Canada
Les Ruchers de Troubador 152, rue Principale Beebe Plain Quebec Quebec J0B 1 E0 Canada
Les Vins Mustier Gerzer Ge'rald He'naul 3299, Route 209 St-Antoine Abbe Quebec J0S1E0 Canada
London Winery 540 Wharncliffe Rd S London Ontario N6J2N5 Canada
Meadow Vista Artisan Farm Winery 3975 June Springs Rd Kelowna British Columbia V1W 4E4 Canada
Middle Mountain Mead Hornby Island British Columbia Canada
Midguard Meadery Scotch Lake Nova Scotia B1Y 3W4 Canada
Miel Nature Inc Melocheville Quebec Canada
Munro Honey and Meadery 3115 River Street Alvinston Ontario N0N 1A0 Canada
Muse'e de l'Abeille & Les Ruchers Promiel 8862, Blvd Ste-Anne Chateau-Richer Quebec G0AN0 Canada
Planet Bee Vernon British Columbia Canada
Rosewood Estates Winery Beamsville Ontario Canada
Rucher Les Saules Patrick & Ste'phane Vanier 27, chemin Saxby Nord Saxby Corner, Granby Quebec j2G8C7 Canada
Rucher Tete en Fleurs CP 222 St Anaclet Quebec G0K1H0 Canada
Rush Creek Wines RR #2 Aylmer Ontario N5H 2R2 Canada
Spirit Hills Millarville Alberta Canada
Sunset Heights McLeod Hill New Brunswick Canada
Trafalgar Brewing Co. Oakville Ontario Canada
Tugwell Creek Honey Farm and Meadery Sooke British Columbia Canada

Hope this helps!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns