Thread: Canadian Commercial Meaderies

Default Canadian Commercial Meaderies

Hi I am a newb on this forum and have to admit that I have never made mead. I have had bees since 1981 and for the last 19 years I have judged the honey competition at the Interior Provencal Exhibition in Armstrong BC Canada. I have a good knowledge of bees, beekeeping, and of honey. Properties, grades and grading systems, relation ship between humidity and moisture content. the different sugars and how they effect the properties of honey.
    In Kelowna the BCHPA (British Columbia Honey Producers Association) is holding it annual convention and trade show. At the convention we hold a friendly honey and mead competition, open to the attendees to the conference. This year the CHC (Canadian Honey Council) and CAPA (Canadian Association of Professional Apiculturists) are holding their meetings in conjunction with ours so their will be representation their from across Canada.
    Due to this the organizing comity has decided to add a commercial class to the mead competition. We are inviting any Canadian meaderies or wineries that make mead to enter their finest in to the competition. Labels are welcome as the bottles will be socked prier to judging and only remover afterwards. The reason for joining I am looking for Canadian Mead commercially available. I have combed through the different provincial government sites and found any that are listed there. If any of you know of any or have a list of meads this information would be appreciated. I Know in the commercial section of this site it says that there are 38 in Canada but it will not let me define the search to find them. Get a either Java script or Cookies not enabled error.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Keith

Hey Keith,

I'll take a look at the directory, there might be a code conflict going on. Meanwhile, here is what I have for Canadian Meaderies:

Alley Cat Brewing Company Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Applewood Farm Winery Stouffville Ontario Canada
    Boquébière Sherbrooke Quebec Canada
    Bushwakker Brewing Company 2206 Dewdney Ave Regina Saskatchewan S4R 1H3 Canada
    Campbell's Gold Honey Farm and Meadery 2595 Lefeuvre Rd Abbotsford British Columbia V4X 1H5 Canada
    Chinook Arch Meadery 386087 16th St. W, Box 12, site 14, RR1, Range Road 11 Okotoks Alberta T1S 1A1 Canada
    Cypress Hills Vineyard and Winery Maple Creek Saskatchewan Canada
    Fallen Timber Meadery Township Rd. 302 Mountain View County Alberta Canada
    Ferme Apicole Desrochers 113, ran 2 Gravel Ferme Neuve Quebec J0W1C0 Canada
    Honeydew Apiaries Charlottetown Prince Edward Island Canada
    Hydromelerie les Saules Granby Quebec Canada
    Intermiel 10291 rang de la Fresniere Mirabel, St-Benoit Quebec J7N 3M3 Canada
    Jardin de l'abeille Maria Quebec Canada
    Le Clos des Brumes 824, rang 5 Presentation Quebec JOH 1BO Canada
    Le Rucher Bernard Bee Bec 152, Rue Principal Beebe Plain Quebec J0B1E0 Canada
    Les Clos de Brumes 824, rang 5* La Presentation Quebec JOH 1BO* Canada
    Les Enterprises Prince-Leclerc 239, chemin Haut de la Paroisse St-Agapit Quebec G0S1Z0 Canada
    Les Ruchers de Troubador 152, rue Principale Beebe Plain Quebec Quebec J0B 1 E0 Canada
    Les Vins Mustier Gerzer Ge'rald He'naul 3299, Route 209 St-Antoine Abbe Quebec J0S1E0 Canada
    London Winery 540 Wharncliffe Rd S London Ontario N6J2N5 Canada
    Meadow Vista Artisan Farm Winery 3975 June Springs Rd Kelowna British Columbia V1W 4E4 Canada
    Middle Mountain Mead Hornby Island British Columbia Canada
    Midguard Meadery Scotch Lake Nova Scotia B1Y 3W4 Canada
    Miel Nature Inc Melocheville Quebec Canada
    Munro Honey and Meadery 3115 River Street Alvinston Ontario N0N 1A0 Canada
    Muse'e de l'Abeille & Les Ruchers Promiel 8862, Blvd Ste-Anne Chateau-Richer Quebec G0AN0 Canada
    Planet Bee Vernon British Columbia Canada
    Rosewood Estates Winery Beamsville Ontario Canada
    Rucher Les Saules Patrick & Ste'phane Vanier 27, chemin Saxby Nord Saxby Corner, Granby Quebec j2G8C7 Canada
    Rucher Tete en Fleurs CP 222 St Anaclet Quebec G0K1H0 Canada
    Rush Creek Wines RR #2 Aylmer Ontario N5H 2R2 Canada
    Spirit Hills Millarville Alberta Canada
    Sunset Heights McLeod Hill New Brunswick Canada
    Trafalgar Brewing Co. Oakville Ontario Canada
    Tugwell Creek Honey Farm and Meadery Sooke British Columbia Canada

Hope this helps!
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Thanks so much. I will compare it to my list and will send you any I find that are not on the list
    Keith

You're very welcome! You can email me anytime at gotmead@gotmead.com with any adds/removes.
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995