• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Brewing a high gravity fall seasonal cyser, Any tips? (sumer recipie included)

Barrel Char Wood Products
H

Haden Wilson

I've started my latest batch of seasonal mead, and decided to do a high gravity mulled spice cyser, the recipe is as follows
1.3 gallons honey
3 gallons wegmans pressed cider
1 gallon spring water
2 packs Lalvin EC-1118 (10 grams)
Started fermenting and bubbling within 2 hours, with a noticeable warm apple aroma,
Room is kept at between 65 and 75 degrees
Any idea on how long I should ferment this for?
(the following is a report on the finished product from the summer, a dry lime pineapple mead with spicy notes. ferment time: 5 weeks. temperature variance: 56-72 degrees recipe: 40 oz honey, 1 pound fresh pineapple spears, 1 pound key limes, 1 1/2 gallons spring water, and bread yeast (2 packs) Finished yield: 2 gallons, Finished ABV content 16.7 on hydrometer. Flavor profile: Bitter lime notes accentuated with a crisp dry mouthfeel and spicy pineapple tannin finish with toasty bread notes filling the nose. Nose: spicy, bitters, notes of sour lime and tropical pineapple. )

WVMJack

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 12, 2013
Karnage, WV
www.wvmjack.com
Its not how long you ferment its what the yeast are doing, do you have a hydrometer, that is your tool to tell you when its done. What spices are you going to add in the secondary?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns