• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead Filtration

Barrel Char Wood Products

Kody_Wulfe

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 5, 2017
Midwest
Ok.. Heather and I have been making mead for over a year now.. and have had great success.. we always filter our meads through the Vinbrite system.. its a gravity feed system and has always worked in the past.. but while nothing in our recipes have changed.. the filter slows to almost a non existent trickle... has anyone played with using a powered pump to help move liquid.. like maybe an aquarium pump or something.. I do NOT want to drop 500 on the fancy wine vacuum systems..
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...
Kody Wulfe

WVMJack

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 12, 2013
Karnage, WV
www.wvmjack.com
Those DIY house water filtration setups are not that expensive, the money comes in getting a vacuum pump, you might get lucky and get one from Ebay for cheap that works, then you could also use it for bottling, racking, transferring mead from a carboy on the floor to a worktable, lots of things a vacuum pump can do for you besides just filtering so its a good equipment investment. For your current setup, do you fine before filtering, that helps a lot to not clog up a filter fast.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns