Thread: Looking for a raspberry mead recipe

Default Looking for a raspberry mead recipe

Hi guys I am looking for a 5 gallon raspberry Mead recipe, I have lots of Romanian linden tree honey it has slight pleasant menthol character, I would like it to finish up balanced with a hint of sweetness. I would prefer to add all the honey up front. As for Raspberry's I can get any among of frozen ones. I recently got some fermaid o and have started to look in to Tosna so if we come up with a recipe I will try and do the calculations, I have some 71b so will use that. Thanks

Hey Yenren, you might try the search function at the top right. I'm sure there are a lot of good raspberry recipes on here.

From the 1 raspberry I did, I recommend a lot of fruit. I underdid it and the taste was a bit disappointing/lacking.

10 pounds per gallon is the very least. I would ferment half and add the other half on the back side.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

After my own failed raspberry (I think I used 1-2lbs) I've found 3lbs/gallon a good rule that gives good fruit flavor. At least for the blueberry and strawberry I did.
    I'd hesitate to do 10lbs/gallon unless you have a good way to separate the juice from the flesh.
    Or maybe I just like more subtle flavors. :P

Losing a lot to pulp/racking losses is just part of it. You could try to break the berries gently . Freeze them, let thaw and separate the juice by dripping. Ferment the juice and add the flesh back latter on the back side.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!