• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Forty fecken Eight

Barrel Char Wood Products

Yenren

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2015
Gone past 48 hours form pitch no activity. Must should be fine(see troubleshooting section for recipe)
Should I repitch?

darigoni

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jun 4, 2016
Brookline, NH
Bucket or carboy?
Have you taken any follow up hydrometer reading?
Are you doing daily aerating/degassing/stirrings? If so, are you getting any off gassing?

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
You're going to need to tell us everything in detail to get any real help. Tons of ways you could have screwed up

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
You're going to need to tell us everything in detail to get any real help. Tons of ways you could have screwed up

Squatchy, this is the same problem from the same user posted here http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthread.php/27029-No-activity-36-hours

Why the new thread just because 12 hours passed?
Why would you say must should be fine when in the previous thread Squatchy asked a question and you didn't answer? You gave us very little information in both threads so just about anything could be wrong.

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
What the hell. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yenren

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 8, 2015
Must have been a bit tipsy posting this! All is well, its moving along nicely despite the slow start. I think the problem was tempering the yeast, I tempered with about 4×100mls. Neway all good now

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns