Thread: Forty fecken Eight

Default Forty fecken Eight

Gone past 48 hours form pitch no activity. Must should be fine(see troubleshooting section for recipe)
    Should I repitch?

Bucket or carboy?
    Have you taken any follow up hydrometer reading?
    Are you doing daily aerating/degassing/stirrings? If so, are you getting any off gassing?

You're going to need to tell us everything in detail to get any real help. Tons of ways you could have screwed up
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    You're going to need to tell us everything in detail to get any real help. Tons of ways you could have screwed up
    Squatchy, this is the same problem from the same user posted here http://www.gotmead.com/forum/showthr...ivity-36-hours

Why the new thread just because 12 hours passed?
    Why would you say must should be fine when in the previous thread Squatchy asked a question and you didn't answer? You gave us very little information in both threads so just about anything could be wrong.
    "Shouldn’t we say wine is a mead-like beverage made with grapes substituted for the honey?" - Steve Piatz

What the hell. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Must have been a bit tipsy posting this! All is well, its moving along nicely despite the slow start. I think the problem was tempering the yeast, I tempered with about 4×100mls. Neway all good now

Sounds like it could be you pitched too little yeast