• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Thanks!

• Thread starter Devin Petry-Johnson
  • Start date
Barrel Char Wood Products
D

Devin Petry-Johnson

I want to take a moment to say thanks to everyone here for the help and guidance. I just bottled my first meads this weekend. They are still young, and would have benefitted from some more time to clear out and mellow out. But I have a vacation coming up and I promised everyone I would bring mead. So this was perhaps the last major milestone in the mead process and now I am past it. Mistakes were made, but not nearly as many as would have been if not for this group. The NewBee Guide, the podcast, all the responses to my questions and the questions from other people have all been invaluable resources. I still have a lot to learn, but I think now I am officially a mead maker!

I will continue to ask a million questions, I’m sure. And I’ll give advice to NewBees when I can (hopefully it’s the right advice). And I’ll be posting my meads in the logs so people can follow along and learn with me. But for now I wanted to say thanks and cheers!

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Good job. In the future clearer meads will age better. They will not have dust in them down the road, like these will. Share them with your friends with pride. And welcome to a life time of getting better

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns