Thread: BOMM Questions

Default BOMM Questions

Hope this is the right place to ask these questions. Bray has been fantastic answering my initial questions, but I always do like to use the forums when an immediate answer isn't needed so others can share in the info.

So I've started my first 4 batch's of Mead. I made JOAM followed to the letter. A 5 gallon BOMM, a 1 gallon Mental BOMM and a 1 gallon Cyser BOMM.

So if 1 smack pack of 1388 is used for a gallon. OR I can make the 2000ml starter for a 5 gallon. Can I make a 2000ml starter and split it 5 ways to make 5 1 gallon batches of separate recipes? Seems like a cost effective way to cut costs on the Smack Packs.

How easy/difficult is it take some of simpler recipes for say one of the non-BOMM melomels and make it as a BOMM style melomel.

Not saying I'm going to rush out and do any of this tomorrow. I'm just really enjoying everything I'm learning and I like to get answers as I think about things.

Thanks,
    ^Hawk^

I moved this question from the Patron section because I realized that Bray can't see it.

1. Yes, you can split a starter for multiple batches.

2. Converting recipes is fairly simple. Just understand that Wyeast 1388 eats through 120 points. Add to that if the mead is supposed to be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Better brewing through science!

Thanks Doc. You rock!