Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Default Mutiny on the bounty cyser question

Hi guys, just a quick question on if you think I should rack into the secondary yet?

I scaled up the Mutiny on the Bounty Cyser recipe to:
    23 Litre Batch size

18.4 Litres Apple Juice
    4.6 Litres Honey
    2.3 Litres Spring Water
    275.6 Grams Dates
    275.6 Grams Seedless Raisins
    413.4 Grams Pure Cane brown sugar
    137.8 Grams Vanilla Sugar
    1 tsp Yeast Nutrient*
    2 tsp Yeast Energizer*
    10 g Lalvin K1-V1116 Rehydrated as per Lalvin's instructions

I didnít use yeast nutrient or enigizer as the original recipe said it works well without and it has seemed to ferment well without.

My question is, itís been 1.5 months and the airlock is still blipping at around every 40sec.
    Itís reading a gravity of 1.020 as of a week ago and it pretty much fermented at 18-20į C.
    From my reading, I thought it was ready to rack at about the one month mark and it should be blipping less than once per minute.
    I thought this recipe stopped at 1.015-1.025 but did so in the secondary? Or did I miss read and it should be force stopped around this reading?
    Could I just have some trapped gas still coming out and itís ready to rack or should I leave it in the primary longer?
    Itís smells and tastes fine, so no concerns of anything wrong with it. Just after some pro advice as this is only my second ferment, so still a noob.
    Cheers
    Josh

If you like it that sweet then rack it. If you want it drier wait. I would feed it next time. I would feed everything, always
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Cheers Squatchy.
    I ended up racking it. It was at 1.010 so hopefully it doesn’t go to much lower. But I may end up backsweetning with some cider anyway.
    I’ll feed from now on.

Sorry for more questions. Iíve racked it into the secondary at 1.010 and now thereís lots of little bubbles coming up and the airlock is blipping every 8 seconds. Is this something to be concerned about or do I just let it do itís thing? I thought it was almost done.
    I did go on holidays for 10 days when it was only just over a week old, so couldnít stir it during this period.

CO2 escapes from solution long after the fermentation is over. That's why we don't give a crap about bubbles. Your hydrometer reading is the only thing that counts.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Ok cool. I’m not planning on bottling anytime soon but even if all the sugars have been eaten up, I’m guessing I should still avoid bottling until there no more bubbling?