• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Not posting

Barrel Char Wood Products

sietch

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 4, 2019
Victoria, BC
Heya, Made a post in the NewBee section 2 days ago and my post has yet to show up? Once I posted it said a moderator needed to approve the post, but since then I havn't been able to find a copy of the post and just wanted to make sure it hasn't been lost or if I should just try reposting?

Thanks!

D

Devin Petry-Johnson

Hi Sietch. I think the anti-spam settings sometimes cause issues for new members. But I don't think it has been over 2 days, so that might be abnormal. Others on the site have recommended typing up your post & saving the text to a clipboard and then making a short initial post on the forums, and then once that appears you can edit the post and paste in the full content from the clipboard. I think the anti-spam is more forgiving if there is a short post versus a long one?

In any case, don't get discouraged. Hopefully someone more official here will have more info for you. Welcome to the forum, cheers!

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
I don't have any power in here either. But I think it just takes a little bit of time for Vicky to get in here and approve new people. Hang tight and I think you will be fine. Try reposting and see what happens

sietch

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 4, 2019
Victoria, BC
Thanks for the update! No worries, just wanted to try and see if that post still existed somewhere or not. It was a bit of a long one so I think I'll wait it out rather then retype the thing

Cheers! Diving head first into the meady deep end so this forum has been a true gold mine to get things off on the right foot.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns