Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wheresthemead! Gotmead Visitor

Thanks!
    I may eventually try a dry mead recipe just to see how it tastes. It is just me here so what I make is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    It can have as little as 3% and as much as 20%. Or you can fortify it with spirits and go even higher. It all depends on how much honey you add to the batch when you start.
    I read that as "how much money you add to the batch..." LOL. Not much difference really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenbeing View Post
    I read that as "how much money you add to the batch..." LOL. Not much difference really.
    Yep. Will I ss you at Mazer Cup this year bud? I'm doing a presentation at Meadcon this year. If you're coming. I will make some time to spend together.
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    Yep. Will I ss you at Mazer Cup this year bud? I'm doing a presentation at Meadcon this year. If you're coming. I will make some time to spend together.
    For sure. I'll be there for all of MeadCon, Speed Mead, AND MCI! I can't wait. The lineup is so good this year. Looking forward to your presentation.
    I was planning on leaving the morning of the home comp because one of my old friends was getting married in Georgia, but, and this is really sad, the wedding is off. But that means I'm staying through the 17th.
    I need to figure out how to volunteer as a steward for one or the other days. I'm not sure if they still need stewarding help but I don't have any judging XP yet so that's about all I can do this go round.
    My wife and daughter will not be joining me this year so I should have plenty of time to hang out between festivities.

Somehow I managed to get 4 entries in super late too. Just kept my eye on the site and saw that it had dropped down to 698 so I grabbed 2, then a couple days later it was down to 698 again, so I grabbed 2 more.

Wonder if there are mead competitions in AZ. Curious to see all the variations.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wheresthemead! View Post
    Wonder if there are mead competitions in AZ. Curious to see all the variations.
    I don't know about competitions, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a festival or two where meads and/or ciders were featured.

Quote Originally Posted by rb2112br View Post
    I don't know about competitions, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was a festival or two where meads and/or ciders were featured.
    We do have a county fair here in September. Last year I got second place with my welcome mat (wood). I think I will check that for specialty items.
    In Flagstaff, they did a Mead festival last year. I missed it. Was getting settled into my new place at that time. Flagstaff isn't in my county but I sure do like to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenbeing View Post
    For sure. I'll be there for all of MeadCon, Speed Mead, AND MCI! I can't wait. The lineup is so good this year. Looking forward to your presentation.
    I was planning on leaving the morning of the home comp because one of my old friends was getting married in Georgia, but, and this is really sad, the wedding is off. But that means I'm staying through the 17th.
    I need to figure out how to volunteer as a steward for one or the other days. I'm not sure if they still need stewarding help but I don't have any judging XP yet so that's about all I can do this go round.
    My wife and daughter will not be joining me this year so I should have plenty of time to hang out between festivities.

Somehow I managed to get 4 entries in super late too. Just kept my eye on the site and saw that it had dropped down to 698 so I grabbed 2, then a couple days later it was down to 698 again, so I grabbed 2 more.
    Cool. They have all the help they need for stewards this year. But it doesn't hurt to check once you're there in case someone Ended up not making it. I'll look forward to hanging out some this year
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12