Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Thread: NewBee

1. Default NewBee

"Long time listener, first time caller." Haha. Just saying hello. Been lurking a while. Finally made an account in November. To date I've made a couple wine kits, a traditional mead, 2 JAOM, cyser, bochet, melomel, and some wines using store bought or home juiced fruit.

Really enjoying this hobby so far. Recently graduated to making 3 gal batches. I think I've satisfied my urges to make a few different varieties to start. Got some aging. I've got a bunch of empty bottles, some swing top, and a floor corker.

Taking in some of the advice I've read on here so far I think I'm going to slow down on all the different varieties and just keep sharpening my skills making traditionals for a while. Going to start listening to the modern mead making podcasts and taking notes!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My Social Networking

Add 4give on Facebook

Hello - Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised no one has taken that avatar name yet - LOL. I'm betting you like puns.

It sounds like you have some experience, and are heading in a good direction with a plan.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 4give View Post
    Hello - Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised no one has taken that avatar name yet - LOL. I'm betting you like puns.

It sounds like you have some experience, and are heading in a good direction with a plan.
    Thanks! I was shocked myself. I sure do!

I appreciate that. I feel like I know a good amount of the basics now and am here to learn the finer points and take my mead to the next level. I'm grateful to all the veterans who have already made the mistakes so I don't have to haha.

Welcome

I'm not blowing my own horn. You won't find better info than what is on the podcast. Start on 9/5/17
    7 out of 4 people have a hard time using their hydrometer!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Squatchy View Post
    Welcome

I'm not blowing my own horn. You won't find better info than what is on the podcast. Start on 9/5/17
    Thanks. I started with that one earlier. I'll likely listen to them on my daily commute to work.