• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Gonna be judging at MeadFest!!!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Vicky - studying, and working on which talks I need to attend most

Here's the line up:

Beginning Mead Making (Gary Glass, AHA)
Advanced Mead Making (Ken Schramm)
Mead Making as a Business (Panel discussion with meadery owners fielding questions)

Back to your participation on the mead judging panel, yeah, study hard but don't forget the most important part of all . . . tasting! It'd be a good idea to line up a whole bunch of meads, taste, make notes, taste some more. Yup, studying is such a grind. ;D

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
::LOL:: Yeah, it sucks to be the judge! I'm really looking forward to it. Can I take a copy of my notes with me when we're done so I can do extensive reviews of the various meads for the site? I wasn't sure about that, and was wondering if that would be allowed (although I plan to attend the tasting too). I thought about bringing my digital voice recorder for faster note taking....

I'm also wishing I took shorthand so I could get good notes on all the talks. My writing has never been all that great, sometimes *I* can't even read it! I wonder if my recorder will let me get that much......

::sigh:: So many opportunities, and so little time to get it all down...

Vicky - sitting in the Nashville airport for 4 hours waiting for her tech guys to arrive and get the rental car

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Hey! The IMA sounds like a good idea. I hope it will answer many of the questions that mazers have which have been answered for other areas such as for beer and wine makers. I look forward to hearing all about the innaugural meeting and what comes of it.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns