Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Default Leaving Colorado

I'm sitting in the lobby of the Outlook hotel in Boulder Colorado waiting for the airport pick up. Then it's back to Illinois, land of corn & soy fields, with no picturesque mountain background. Colorado is a beautiful state, an ideal setting for this meadfest. Hate to leave, but it will be nice to be home again.

See you all later!

<><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)

2. Default Re: Leaving Colorado

I know the feeling. I left Boulder at about 10 am MST this morning and managed to get into Omaha about 7 pm CST. Really, 8 hours each way was worth the fun of the Fest. I didn't manage to meet any of the GotMead crowd but did manage to talk to Ken a bit. Looking forward to next year!

3. Default Re: Leaving Colorado

I haven't ever seen Colorado, but two summers ago, I hitch hiked across Canada. Never having been west of Toronto in my adult life, it was quite the experience. Got picked up by a truck driver who took me most of the way. I remember the sun setting on the prairies in Saskatchewan. We drove well into the night before pulling over so the driver could have a nap. When we woke up, we were smack dab in the middle of Banff National Park, surrounded by snow capped rocky mountains. Such contrast.

I don't know if I'll ever make that trip again, but I'm glad I did it at least once. Everybody should.