• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

New Member Map shows your location!

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I've added a member map to the forum that shows your location in the world. If you'd like to add yourself, click 'Member Map' on the taskbar above, and at the bottom of the map view, you'll see a button marked 'Add Location'. Click it, fill in the info, and click on the map where you are.

You must be a registered member to add yourself

Cheers!

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Well, I had to check out what Medsen thinks he saw, so I went to the map and...

...a bunch of us who had been shown earlier have now disappeared!

Vicky, I think there's a bug in your map database.

Bummer -- now I can't see Pete's deck (or my hot tub, for that matter). :mad:

;)

-- OK, now that's really weird. I just checked again (not 5 minutes after posting the above) and every past entry is back. Strange!

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
It´s a great thing. Now I know where you all live and the next the time I´ll go near by you I will stop and share with you some of my mead.

And now we know where to find you! But I suspect that you will get up here before I have a chance to travel to central America -- my vagabond scuba diving trips are over for a while, at least until our kids are old enough to be on their own. Although I would like to dive around Little Corn someday.

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
So I was looking at the member map, which I still think is a really cool feature, but I see only 50 folks have put themselves on the map so far. I know there are more of us here in Florida, and I hope y'all will fill in the gaps.

Yes, I know some of you want to avoid the raids from cellar rats and are trying to stay in hiding, but trust me, it won't work - they can smell the good stuff from across the state. ;D

And, I'm also sure more than a couple of us are either on the lam or in witness protection. Don't worry, you're excused. ;)

osluder

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 14, 2008
San Antonio, Texas
Head's up Olen, you've got a neighbor just down the road! Now it's the not-quite-alone star state. :D

Yup, and at least one more up the road a piece in Austin-tacious, but they haven't added themselves yet it appears. Startin' to get down right crowded now! ;D -- Olen

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Perhaps, it is a little too early, and all the posts may not be in, but it looks like Vicky is going to have to declare the Greater Chicago Area as the Mead Capital of the World! :eek:
Kinda looks that way, doesn't it? While I know that there are more meadmakers here in Colorado (Hey, guys!! Get around to posting your locations so we can see more push-pins along the front range!) I don't think we'd catch up to Chicagoland even if everyone posted from here.

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
I see there are 99 members posted on the member map. Now wait, before this becomes a new drinking song, I'm just saying that there should be some special recognition for the 100th member location posted. ;D

What do we give to the 100th map poster?

And who shall it be?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I see there are 99 members posted on the member map. Now wait, before this becomes a new drinking song, I'm just saying that there should be some special recognition for the 100th member location posted. ;D

What do we give to the 100th map poster?

And who shall it be?

Howzabout a penicillin shot and a nice jar of peanut butter! :D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns