• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Meadllennium 2005

Barrel Char Wood Products

OCurrans

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 18, 2004
Oviedo, FL
www.cfhb.org
Sorry this is so late, but we have had website troubles. Here are the details.

Meadllennium VIII

This is the first mead only competition of 2005. In 2004, Meadllennium was the largest home made mead-only competition in the United States. This event is sponsored by the Central Florida Home Brewers

Entry procedures have been streamlined to make entering the competition as easy as possible. Awards include stylish mead medallions for all first, second, and third place winners. For entries which score 35-40 a Silver Certificate and for 41 and higher a Gold certificates will be awarded. All First Place and BOS winners will receive a lovely etched Meadllennium VIII glass. Club with the most points will receive a special award (the host club, the CFHB, is excluded from this award).

Competition Date: Saturday, January 29, 2005 at 11:00AM

1927 Coble Drive
Deltona, FL 32738
Phone: 386-574-8741

Entry Deadlines: Open January 3, and Closes Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Entry Fee: $6.00 each (Walk in entries accepted if pre-registered)

Entries: 3 bottles 6 oz or greater.

Categories: New 2004 BJCP Style guidelines, Category 24, 25, and 26. Check them out at: http://www.bjcp.org/styles04/ . Up to nine categories will be awarded (categories may be collapsed depending on number of entries) as listed below:

1. Traditional Mead Dry (includes varietal)
2. Traditional Mead Semi-Sweet (includes varietal)
3. Traditional Mead Sweet (includes varietal)
4. Cyser (Apple Melomel)
5. Pyment (Grape Melomel)
6. Other Fruit Melomel
7. Metheglin (spice and herb)
8. Braggot
9. Other Category Mead (includes experimental)

Ship Entries To: Meadllennium VIII
c/o Rockey Measom
2247 King Johns Court
Winter Park, FL 32792

Drop Off Location:
Heart's HomeBrew & Wine Making Supply
6190 Edgewater Drive
Orlando, FL 32810

Awards Ceremony: Sunday, February 6, 2005 at the Central Florida Home Brewers monthly meeting beginning at 4:15P. All prizes not presented at the meeting will be mailed to winners within two weeks.

Request Entry and Bottle Forms via email at: bachian@juno.com

For additional information contact Ron Bach 407-6962738 or e-mail: bachian@juno.com

Registrar: Rockey Measom 407-673-1099 or e-mail: rockey9@earthlink.net

Head Judge: Mike Urban 407-977-5494

Meadllennium Team E-mail: mead@cfhb.org

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Yep! Yep!

Looking to enter my Orange Blossom Sweet traditional you guys insisted on my bringing to the Meadlenium.

Talon.

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Okay, I went to the meeting this week-end and entered 3 of my meads...

Here is what I entered:
Orangeblossom sweet traditional
Wildflower sweet traditional
Passionfruit melomel.

Wish me luck!
Talon.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Kick ass and good luck Talon!

Your meads weathered the hurricanes, so to me they're winners already!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns