• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

map?

Barrel Char Wood Products

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
My guess is the move from yaBB to SMF is the culprit. I don't know much about either platform but I would be willing to bet the plugin for yaBB doesn't 'plugin' to SMF. I think at this time Vicky and Oskaar are working to recover all of the old messages that are still recoverable. After that I would think that if there is a way to convert the old plugin or if there is a similar plugin for SMF that Vicky will probably install it.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
There are a number of plugins for SMF, including a mapping function. However, since SMF is a database-driven forum, vs. flat file with Yabb, putting in plugins is a bit different and a bit harder. Combined with the fact that the programming for the template in SMF is *totally* different, using php, a language I'm still learning, its going to take a bit.

I was able to import the old template and tweak colors a bit, but writing a new template in the proper php format is a bitch. However, the imported template limits what functions will show, due to the fact that we're really just showing the template from Yabb, which is HTML only.

I'm working as fast as I can guys. My first priority was to ensure that our forums won't self-destruct again like they did a couple times in Yabb. So far I've spent about 100 hours getting everything I could over to here, reading a couple thousand posts on the SMF forums to learn the tweaks and such, and setting up database backups.

Give me time. I've got to work on the paying stuff first, or this will all go *poof* when my money runs out, and its a race to see which will happen first at the moment. I've got a couple small customer website projects that have to be dealt with before I can play.......and right now, Gotmead is still a hobby site. I make all of $40 a month off advertising, just enough to cover hosting.

Finally, I've been down with bronchitis/pneumonia since a week before Christmas, so I'm not quite up to par mentally or physically.

Thanks for understanding,

Vicky - still taking antibiotics

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
I'm still working on the recipe app Vicky but I am somewhat handy with PHP. Feel free to ask me any questions or give me a task or two.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns