• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Chat Room up and running

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Have fun! The chat room is now up and running. It has much more features than the previous chat package, I think you'll like it. As always, let me know if you have problems, I'll get to it as soon as I can. I've tested it, it works fine in IE and Mozilla.

Vicky - tackling the easy stuff

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Hey Vicky, mebbe I'm just retarded (quite likely) but when I click on the CHAT button I get another page with just the forum headers down to the menu and the news blurb. This is using IE at work. Thoughts?

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Ok, I'm most definately retarded. If I wait long enough I get a big blank window with a 'Float' button under it and the site footers of course. I guess I will continue to wait and see what else shows up. Thanks.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
jab, did it start working? I just tried it, and it stalled at the loading stage. I did a page reload, and it came right up. Weird. I'll hunt around, try to figure out why its doing that.

If you didn't get in, try opening chat, then doing a page reload.....

vicky

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I found that once the page opened I needed to register in the chat room with a password before I could type messages. Otherwise, I got a response back to all of my posts that said "You are not allowed to speak in this room" Once I registered it went away.

Cheers,

Oskaar

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Nope, never got that far. I get a large empty box on the screen and a little float button on the bottom. I have waited over an hour and nothing. I tried reloading as you suggested with the same result. If I try to click the float button at the bottom I get a javascript error stating:

Line: 374
Char: 1
Error: 'document.cs' is null or not an object
Code: 0
URL: http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=103&action=chat

In case it helps any I am using IE 5.50.4807.2300CO, 128-bit, SP2.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hmm. I'm running 6.0. I don't use IE much anymore, switched to Mozilla. I'm guessing that your Java is out of date for this app.

You might want to download a new Java engine...you can download the upgrade here: http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

The download will start automatically when you hit the page.

Let me know if that fixes it. I'm guessing since you're running a backlevel version of IE, it is running an old Java version too.

Vicky

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Yeah that's kinda what I figured. However, since I am at work and the InfoSec nazis will have my head for install software I will have to live with 'no chat for you' at work. Then when I get home to my nice cozy copy of firefox and a large mazer I can relax.

Thanks.

R

Ranna

Hmm.. Even after registering a nickname and logging on with that in a few different clients, I get:
#GotMead Cannot join channel (+j) - Members only

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

R

Ranna

I've tried the default, Ranna_GMF, and registered Ranna, and it gives me the same reply for both.

Edit: I suppose I should probably talk to EveryWhereChat about this instead of bothering you :eek:) Thank you for putting the chat up, Vicky!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns