Thread: Too long!

1. Default Too long!

From click to show, it takes absolutely forever for anything to happen. This problem exists only on this website's forums so I was wondering what the problem may be....

Also, when I try to login from another pc, it says there's a problem with the cookies. This problem exists only on this website's login.

I really want to participate but am frustrated by the extremely slow response rate.

Kat

Default Re: Too long!

Are you running active virus checking, accessing through a proxy server or using a firewall?

Which browsers are you using, and what versions thereof?

Are you using dial-up?

Every once in a while I experience some site lag, but not very often. Generally when a site responds back with a "cookies" message it's not the site but the browser settings which are the problem.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

3. Default Re: Too long!

Are you running active virus checking, accessing through a proxy server or using a firewall?

Which browsers are you using, and what versions thereof?

Are you using dial-up?

Every once in a while I experience some site lag, but not very often. Generally when a site responds back with a "cookies" message it's not the site but the browser settings which are the problem.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar
    no. I've been running mcAfee forever. never had a problem with it.

IE6

hi speed cable modem

As for the cookies problem, this is the first time I've ever seen that particular error.

Thank you for your input Oskaar. I really don't know what it was but suddenly, after over a week of struggling to navigate this site, it is now moving a little faster. I've done nothing to correct the problem....

Default Re: Too long!

Are you familiar with ping and tracert? They will hit the different routers and servers along the route from your PC to the Server. If you see response time very high on one of the IP addresses it is a problem on the route and not on the server. In that case it's network latency rather than server response time from Gotmead.com

Also you may want to check the population on your cable segment (how many people are using high speed cable on your block) while you get really great response time from cable when a few people are using it, the speed decreases significantly when there are a lot of people using it. If you notice that certain times of the day your response time is faster, that may be an indication of over-cable population.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

5. Default Re: Too long!

Thank you again Oskaar!

Why only this site was affected, I guess I'll never know because everything seems to be working okay now and I didn't do anything to fix it.....hmmm. I think I need to go raid that young mead.....