• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Old Forums

Barrel Char Wood Products

Suzy_Q_Brewmistres

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 18, 2004
I recently went in to check some old posts.. and found that they no longer exist. I also noticed that the old "front page" of the Got mead website had the forum's recent topics list is current.

:-* Suzy Q

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yeah, I had to take the old forums down, someone broke in and was slamming my server. If I didn't take them down, my host would have taken the whole site offline. In fact, they *did* suspend me when it happened. I scrambled and got it back online in a few hours, but it was dicey there for a while.

I'm still planning on retrieving the old posts and putting them somewhere for research, but for now, the old forum is down until I can figure out how to extract the data without dropping the server I sit on....

Vicky - nearing the end of the shopping cart from hell site

randy

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 27, 2004
dunno if it will help, but you are free to use my serverat my office if needs be. it's not much of one, but it is at your disposal Suse linux 9.0, think i got mysql & php and suych installed... i can check.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Thanx Randy, I'm going to zip it up and send it out for analysis, and see if we can extract the posts for either re-insertion here, or more likely, posting as pages so they can be searched. The darn thing has nearly been the bane of my existance, just in crash factor!

I'll let you know if we need server space to put it in to unravel it. The gods know my host won't let me!

Vicky - working on training materials, Yahoo site tweaking and if I'm lucky, some Gotmead updating tonight

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
You may have noticed a new board called 'The Old Forum'. This contains what we were able to salvage after the Yabb forum got hacked. There are a lot of repeats of what got sucked in here, but we wanted to pull in whatever we could.

My apologies if something you posted in the old version isn't there, unfortunately the hacker did us up good.

Vicky

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns