Thread: Login keeps dropping

1. Default Login keeps dropping

I'm trying to catch up on my reading and my login keeps dropping. I have no idea what the problem may be.

2. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

Intermittently or every time? My first thought is that the cookies setting on your browser is set wrong.

Default Re: Login keeps dropping

Are you clicking the stay logged in box, or setting the minutes to stay logged-in to more than 0??
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

4. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

:duh!:

Heh! I'm embarassed! I forgot this site has that 'time' option. I just set it to 30 minutes....let's see what happens....

5. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

NOPE! It dropped me after I clicked the 'Gotmead Forum' menu ....

6. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

Well, if you have the time option set to 30 and you are telling it to remember your login I am still back to it being a cookie problem. Are you positive your browser is accepting the cookie? Have you tried deleting all of the Got Mead cookies and then logging in again?

I had a somewhat related problem -- for some reason, after I did a clearing of temporary files, history, ect. on MS Explorer, GotMead wouldn't recognize my login. Downloading Mozilla Firefox solved the problem. Here's a quick link if you want to try it out.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

<><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)

8. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

I'm so frustrated ... I can't even post a message without being dropped....!

9. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

Okay, I had to resort to composing in Notepad before posting here...

I'm not on my pc and that means I can't choose the 'always stay logged in' option. Also, the owner of this computer doesn't want mozilla, so that option is out.

I will say this much: I had no problem with the site on Thursday. I was away Friday thru Sunday morning. I checked with the owner of the computer and he has not loaded any new software.

What I HAVE noticed is that the site as a whole seems to be 'refresh'ing every 30 seconds or so....don't know why.

Oh well.... I still need to see if this is happening with my pc but that will have to be later.

Thank you for trying to help.

10. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

testing

11. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

I can understand your frustrations. For a couple of weeks now I have been unable to login from work. I get some message about my credentials being incorrect. I can't even get to the pages that don't require a login. I can only assume the PC dept. changes something but I have been unable to figure it out (which is actually a good thing as I am rather busy lately anyways). I realize this is different than your problem but I wanted you to know I can feel your pain.

Sounds like your IT guys are tightening down the router security. They probably turned off ICMP echo requests so you're invisible to ping requests and backward verification. Either that or you're surfing through a proxy server or service that made some changes in their filtration.

Hey Miriam,

Your problems could be from regional filtration. There are a number of countries that use in/out filtration that could interefere with session cookies. I don't think Vicky drops OS cookies but I may be wrong.

Cheers,'

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

13. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

I'm actually guessing my problem is the proxy server though I haven't had much time to do any poking around. Oh, well. I suppose I should actually be working at work anyhows.

About the refreshing - the page *is* doing that. That's the ad software refreshing the meadery ads up at the top of the page.

Vicky
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

15. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

What are you using for ad control Vicky? I wonder if there isn't a package out there that uses XML HTTP Request objects so that you can cycle adds without reloading the whole page. If not I think it would be trivial to write, though I have no actual experience with it.

I'm using a program called AdPeeps. I'm sure that there are others out there, but none I've found so far can do this without costing a lot of money I don't have to spend, so I'm kind of stuck.

As far as writing one, LOL...I wouldn't have the first clue about where to even start! Thats so far beyond me it might as well be in Chinese. I'm clueless about how to write stuff like that!

Vicky
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

17. Default Re: Login keeps dropping

Duh! I was speaking about me Vicky.

Hey, *you're* the one that said 'I have no experience with it!

Dude, like I'm gonna turn down software if you want to write it. Want a copy of the AdPeeps so you can tear it up?

Vicky
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995