• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I'm Florida Bound !!!!!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Hi everybody, been away from GotMead for over a month, :'(. Things have gotten a bit crazy in my life but hopefully by August I'll be settled in my new home in Port Orange Florida. I'm currently sitting in a camper at the New Syrmna Beach campground after coming down last week to look at the house of our dreams. The trip down was one for the books with a wheel falling off the trailer and some of the worst traffic I've ever seen. The good news is that we got the house and will close on it June 1st. Now all that has to be done is to move the house, dogs, boat, mead brewing equipment, beehives, and shop a little over 1000 miles. Humm looks like I'll be driving a bit this summer. Anyways just thought all my friends here would like to know where I've been. I'll drop in when I get some time. Drink, Laugh and Love, Beeboy

Jmattioli

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Good to hear from you beeboy. I'll be heading that way for 3 weeks starting tomorrow. Visiting West Palm Beach and a week cruise to the carribean. I'll have very limited posting capabilities during that time so I will mostly be away from the forum.

Winters are great in Florida but personally the summer is too hot for me to move. Good luck with your move.
Joe

Val

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
If you're in the New Smyrna/Port Orange area, you MUST head over to Titusville and eat at Dixie Crossroads.

They have broiled rock shrimp by the dozen that are just TO DIE FOR.

Also, New Smyrna has a place called Sea Harvest that has the best fried shrimp and scallops on the planet.

Jmattioli

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Hey Val,
Stopped there on the way down. Only 2 miles from interstate. Nice place with fancy murals and all. Unfortunately it was Sunday and I was too early as they weren't yet open. Will catch them on the way back. Thanks,
Joe in Sunny Fla. Missed all that snow you guys and gals got up north this week!

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Hey! Anyone visiting or moving to Florida is more than welcome to stop by. I'm in Deltona, right down the way from Port Orange and New Smyrna. *grins* I'd even break out a bottle of the good stuff.

Talon.

Val

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
My folks had a condo in New Smyrna until just recently, I spent every summer there until I was 18. It's paradise, and there are some great places to eat.

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Hey Talon, I'll look you up once I'm settled in. Still have a couple of bottles of the persimon mead left, can't think of any better reason to open one. Looks like I'm going to be running up and down 95 for most of the summer, have a boat, wood shop, bee keeping equipment and two motorcycles that I'm moving using a enclosed car trailer. I'll use a moving company to move the house and furniture, the rest will be my headache. Should be able to move it all in 4 trips, it's going to be a lot of work but can't afford to pay a big mover to transport it all. It's going to be great, the property has a room in the garage that could become a small meadery plus plenty of room for the woodshop. Getting ahead of myself, need to get there first and settle in. Oh yeah, I'll be in Port Orange just off of 415. Looking forward to getting together. Drink, Laugh and Love, Beeboy

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
My wife and I shall have to bring some of our own meads to share, too. I've got a vanilla I'm bottling this week-end as well as a cinnamon/ginger meth.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns