• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Chat Room Question

Barrel Char Wood Products

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Has the Chat Room been locked off? It's been saying there are currently people in the chat room for a few days now, but clicking on any of the chat buttons bounces me back to the Forum Mainpage.

Is this a tech question, or should I just take a hint? ::)

-David

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Looks like there are some settings that need to be tweaked. The module is there, but it needs some configuration. We'll take a look at it and give it a kick or two.

Cheers,

Oskaar

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Vicky,

Not to be a pest, but, any luck getting the Chat Room back? I was actually thinking about trying to organize a regular once-a-week chat session, if anyone else was interested.

Okay, so I'm a pest. Sue me.

-David

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Sorry about the delay guys, I've been on vacation in no-intenet land, up in Northern Michigan.

I've tried every which way to get the durn thing to re-install, but no luck yet. I'm thinking there's a code glitch somewhere, and I have to track it down.

I'll keep picking at it, tho.

Vicky

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
How about using the yahoo instant messanger while Vicky is trying to find the snafuu? She's got her hand full as is, let's give her a break on this issue.

Ted

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Vicky,

I notice that the Chat Room button on the Forum mainpage now says: "There are currently 0 people talking in the chat room." Since it used to say that there were currently people in there, it looks like you were able to make some progress anyway. Good work!

-David

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Actually, right now the chat room software is offline. There is some kind of glitch that won't let me re-install it, and until I have a chance to eyeball the code line-by-line, which won't be until next week at the earliest, I won't be able to get it back online.

Sorry about the problems with it, y'all. It's totally frustrating to me......I've got several new toys to install on the forum, but until I can figure out the mod install glitch, they're all languishing in my Downloads folder.

Vicky

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
What about setting up an IRC chatroom on one of the IRC servers - http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/networks/servers/ - ?

With a link from got mead to #Got_Mead, and a couple of others to servers for downloading a chat client like - http://www.mirc.com/ - or - http://www.xchat.org/ -.

These servers are very dependable for the most part. Are not directly connected to the server hosting your primary website. Do not require you to reinstall the forum software if there ever should be a problem.

Anthony

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns