• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Brewblog

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hey all,

You interested in a brewblog? By that I mean a blog-style section in the main site where you can post your onging brewing efforts, sort of an online brewing log. We've been tossing around the idea offline, and I'm interested in your input.

Vicky

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
I have been considering putting a brewblog togther on Blogger for a while now. I may put it up here if it is available.

Greenblood

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
That would work for me. If I ever get off my duff (beer), I can continue the Dandelion Mead saga there. Or, if given a chance, almost anything. I've done perzines in the past, and I would probably use a tool like this here.

-David the Long Winded

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
I'd use it, and it would certainly keep the people on my LiveJournal less bored with my meadmaking escapades ;)

Not to mention being a good back up in case my brewlog gets lost/ruined, or my computer randomly reformats.

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
I've been trying to use the brewlog section here for that same purpose. By blog section, do we mean one where only I could make entries for my threads? Sorry, I am not an Internet saavy type of guy... ::) ::) ::)

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yes, it would be yours alone, so no commenting to take it off topic.

Looks like the general consensus so far is positive. I'll work on it then. It will be a few weeks, probably around the beginning of September, I've got a couple projects to polish off, and need to get the paying work done first.

I'm excited about it too, I'm tired of writing it down, I'd rather put it in an online log from my laptop as I mead.......

Vicky

marygress

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 11, 2005
I have been using the blogger site for some time now to put my wine and mead travels and recipes on. I find it very handy for recipes. On the blogger site you can write as much as you wish or just a little update. Pictures are aalso very easy to add.

Geoo

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 1, 2005
I'm curious if this ever happened and how to find it, if so.

Geoo

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
I like the idea, specially that it would be a sort of back-up, my pooch got in the house and started chomping on my log book. What do you do with a 140 lb dog that does that? Not much really, she thinks she's the queen and we are her subjects!
Looking forward to the new and inproved site ;D

Ted

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns