• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Turning off Avatars Temporarily

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
P

Pawn

Fine with me;)
Oh wait, I dont have an avatar ;D
John

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
We just have to bear the burden and look MAH-VEE-LOSS!

Cheers,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Mynx said:
I dont even have that excuse...my boy photoshopped my avatar :-[

If you can't get by on your good looks... you can often get by even better by just being female... and feigning interest. :-* Oops... did I say that out loud? But if you really want the upper hand... before the Avatars return have your boy photoshop a new one for you. Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more? We'll promise to contemplate your attributes throughly. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER... and while you're there would you pull mine out as well? When I say attributes I mean posts you wicked girl... as for your new Avatar, being the goody two-shoes I am, I'll just have to avert my eyes ::)

Wrathwilde

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
0_o

BAAAHAHAHAH!

I got very good at feigning interest over the years with my last boy... ;)

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Honestly, Wrath, no. The big thing is that I need to purchase more space for the DB. And that takes cash I don't have just at the moment.....

Anyone who wants to increase the cashflow, without dipping into your pocket (which I can *totally* understand!)? Talk to your local brewshops and honey suppliers, and if they sell online, tell 'em they can get cheap ads on GM.

Buy stuff in the logo shop, or in the book section, I get commissions of a buck or so when you do. Its small change, but if lots of folks do it, it adds up faster than you think. Money from the site goes back into the site, folks.

If you know a meadery or winery that needs a website or wants to upgrade, or needs hosting, have 'em call me. Thats what I do for a living. And with luck, I'll be adding a shopping cart to GM very soon that will let them sell their wares on GM too.

I'm trying to nickel and dime my way to being able to work on GM full-time. But in order to do it, the hubby insists that I kick in a few bucks to the budget here and there (the cad! LOL), so I'm working on getting to that point.....

Vicky - currently working on getting the bills current

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
What is an avatar? As it pertains to forums. May the gods grant you great brews.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The cute little pics in the left hand margin of people's posts.

Check your profile to add/change/delete avatars.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Maelduin

NewBee
Registered Member
May 3, 2006
Wrathwilde - AKA Claude Rains circa 1933

Umm, weren't you the Invisible Man?
"...Then something went wrong,
for Fay Wray and King Kong
hey got caught in a celluloid jam."

Come on, sing it with me, people, you know the words...

"Then at a deadly pace
it came from
[WHERE?] outer space
and this is how the message ran..."

Science fiction, double feature
Doctor X will build a creature
See androids fighting, Brad and Janet
Anne Francis stars in Forbidden Planet.
Wo oh oh oh oh oh
At the late night, double feature, picture show.

OK, very sorry for the RHPS moment. OK, no I'm not

Michael,
who played Riff back in 89 or so

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
What cast? ;) I'm an ex-columbia myself...

/wanders away humming the Time Warp

Maelduin

NewBee
Registered Member
May 3, 2006
a pick-up crew for Halloween in Charleston Illinois, aka Eastern Illinois University. Somebody got a wild hair to do a one shot for Hallloween, so she put out an ad in the campus paper for anybody who'd even seen the show a few times. I'd been to the Champaign show numerous times, but had never played on-stage. We borrowed a print, rehearsed for a couple weeks and put on two shows. It was pretty, well, "rawky," but a lot of fun.

Though now that I'm a bit older, some of the youngins I know in the Rich Weirdos (Orlando, FL) are trying to get me to do Dr. Scott or the Criminologist.

Aside from the obvious GM/SCA intersections of the Venn diagrams, I wonder how much GM/RHPS overlap?

Michael

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
This is a fairly dusty thread why don't ya'll pick this up in the hive for further fun and general nonsense.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns