Thread: Sort by location

1. Default Sort by location

I was not sure if the forum has this capability, but I was wondering if there was any way to find members by their location? It would be handy to talk with other people from mine own area to ask regional questions. Not only that but I would love to meet more Mazers. I already know of one in this very city, but not all members have put their location on the member's map.

2. Default Re: Sort by location

An alternative, now that we have tyhe members map, could be a way that the location entry automatically places someone on the members map?

3. Default Re: Sort by location

That would require a geolocating ability and possibly far more work than what may be practical. Perhaps a better solution would be when registering to take and allow the user to select their location on their resident state instead?

Vicky Rowe Gotmead Visitor

Default Re: Sort by location

On the membermap, as far as I know, there is no way to force location info to be displayed. Sorry folks, but if you want to have your location posted, you have to put it on the map on your own......

Vicky

Vicky Rowe Gotmead Visitor

Default Re: Sort by location

I looked around, and there is a field that will force a new registration to enter a location, but I'm loathe to enable it, since some folks are not happy with that sort of thing. I can understand their reluctance, and don't really want to force that, as it might cause new people to not want to register.

Vicky - exploring expanding the forums some more