Thread: Apple Pie "Tonic" for what ails ya

Vicky Rowe Gotmead Visitor

Default Apple Pie "Tonic" for what ails ya

My sister-in-spirit Elizabeth had this yummy concoction in her home when I visited them in October to attend the Texas Renaissance Festival this year. *Extremely* easy to drink, and even easier to get tipsy on, this tasty, refreshing and deceptively smooth drink will give you much pain if you overdue, but is *perfect* for sipping warm on a cold night, or settin' on the porch sippin' it cold on a warm Southern evening.

Y'all enjoy!

Apple Pie

1 gal apple cider
    750ml Everclear or Vodka (one bottle - a fifth)
    3 whole cinnamon
    2 whole allspice
    2 tsp vanilla extract

In a large pot, put apple cider ( only), cinnamon, and allspice. I crushed mine. Boil for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add rest of cider, Everclear/Vodka and vanilla extract. Stir to mix. Let cool and pour into containers to store in refrigerator. Remember to remove cinnamon and allspice sticks before pouring into containers.

Vicky - feeling no pain, and fixin' to hit the hay

2. Default Re: Apple Pie "Tonic" for what ails ya

I have prepared myself a bit of the spiced spiked apple cider. Took your suggestion and crushed the allspice and use 100p vodka... Very good- definatly easy to drink, better go easy :P and only drink a gallon

Vicky Rowe Gotmead Visitor

Default Re: Apple Pie "Tonic" for what ails ya

LOL...how big was your headache the next morning?

I have to buy some more cider today and make another batch. FYI, it is *yummy* right after it is mixed, while its still warm.

Vicky - in the 20's in NC (winter arriving? naw, this is the South!)

4. Default Re: Apple Pie "Tonic" for what ails ya

No head ache yet I only drank a tall glass plan on taking out the rest this weekend..

Idahoskunk and myself... Got to drink somthing while the mead is aging!!