Thread: Chateau Pineapple

1. Default Chateau Pineapple

The Prologue (as Frankie Howard used to say)
    We're a student house, three blokes all of whom like their booze. Our house, more of a flat really, well actually a converted storage area which the landlord built as a hobby. On the top are a row of pine cone decorations which one rather well-wellied lady mistook for pineapples and the name stuck.

DIY booze has become the order of the day due to the boredom of unemployment and my flatmate's Phd in procrastination (aka computer AI). Our other experiment has been infused liquers, after spotting a book on the subject -

Make Your Own Liquers by Jean Dickson published 1991 by Delos Cape Town. ISBN 1-86826-138-7

The recipes vary in complexity and rarity of ingredient, some of which we suspect can't be found outside of Africa. (Though I'd love to work out how to make Amarula, yummy). Though the main effort seems to be infusion of fruits and a base alcohol with sugar over periods of time. So far, the kummel and the spiced apple liquer have been the most flavoursome. THere is also a powerful pinacolada infusing as I type.

We're planning on expanding to wine and beer making in the spring as the capacity in production grows. As a consequence our house is gaining a reputation for partying. UK alcohol laws have the age limit of 18

Vicky Rowe Gotmead Visitor

Default Re: Chateau Pineapple

And the Chateau Pineapple? Is this a recipe or the name of the house?

Vicky - just finishing off her apple pie liqueur

3. Default Re: Chateau Pineapple

Tis the house, and the name of our "esteemed" brew joint