• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Next Idea: Who wants to be Toymaster?

Barrel Char Wood Products
V

Vicky Rowe

If you've a yen for finding new site toys, and a talent for applying and customizing them, then you've got what it takes to be the new GotMead Toymaster. Gotmead is up over 1300 pages now, and the biggest need by far is for automating the system so that it can be managed better. That means good calendars, good scripts, and good tools.

No content management systems please, we've decided to stay away from them, and go with a CSS based 3-column approach.

If interested, talk amongst yourselves here, and/or email me at gotmead@gotmead.com

Vicky

dogglebe

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 14, 2003
hbd.org
I'd like to help, Vicky, but it takes every bit of computer savvy I have just to post this reply.

How about I send you some mead?

Phil

V

Vicky Rowe

Sure Phil, I'll take mead! Its not often that someone offers *me* mead. Usually its folks I don't know at faire asking me for some of mine......

dogglebe

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 14, 2003
hbd.org
E-mail me where to send it to.

I reccommend that others do the same. Vicky has done so much for us with this site. It's the least we can do.

Phil

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I can get behind that. Is it legal to ship to your location from So Cal Vicky? If so, I'll fire off a bottle of the Orange Blossom Special when it's ready to rock!

Oskaar

V

Vicky Rowe

Unfortunately, NC isn't a good state to ship to. I usually classify stuff as 'yeast samples'.........

dogglebe

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 14, 2003
hbd.org
I've shipped 'packages' via UPS, Fedex and USPS. I tell them it's glassware. I've never had a problem, though the gorillas at UPS once destroyed about half a shipment I sent to a competition once.

Phil

V

Vicky Rowe

Well hey, didn't you notice that the Samsonite gorilla (y'know, the one who used to jump up and down on the luggage?) seems to have disappeared? Well, now he moonlights for package delivery services..........

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Ya know!

That last UPS guy reeked of bananas . . . and had a killer five o'clock shadow!

Oskaar

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
I think everyone should send Vicky a bottle of thier finest. Seems like she deserves it for all her hard work. And she has already gave us the best gift. gotmead.com!!!!

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I'll happily climb on board the bandwagon to send Vicky a bottle of my finest!

May have to wait for it to age a bit first... such is the lot of a NewBee to the bobby :D

V

Vicky Rowe

Shucks, y'all are great! I'd actually have some mead to drink! I usually end up giving away most of mine.......

Vicky - researching market trends in the online billiard sales business for a soon-to-be customer

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns