• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead in So. California

Barrel Char Wood Products

GntlKnght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
:D I am back in So Cal for a few days. Anyone know where I might be able to buy a couple of bottles of mead to take back to North Carolina? I am staying in Costa Mesa, but am traveling all over in LA and Orange counties. I will probably be back next year, so even if this is too late for this trip, I'd love to know where to find some for the next trip! I can get Chaucers at home, so something other than that would be great!

Thanks in advance! ;D

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I fired off an email to my brother who lives in Orange, CA

Here is the text of his reply.

Tell them to look at hitimewine.net for the store location. That's where I
buy my mead locally.

Hi-Time Wine Cellars | 250 Ogle Street | Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Store Hours: Sunday 10am -7pm | Mon-Wed 9am-8pm | Thurs-Sat 9am-9pm
I went to http://www.4-honeywine.com for Rabbits Foot Meadery site.
This is from their web page:

"Rabbit's Foot Meadery products are available in many fine retailers. If we
are not available
in a retail outlet near you please have them contact us so they can carry
our mead.

You can purchase our med either online here or at select Whole Foods
Markets, Olivers Markets
in Northern California or Liquorama in Southern California. Please contact
us for a complete list
of retailers.

Rabbit's Foot Meadery products are available for direct shipment in many
States. If your state
does not appear in the online store please email us for other methods to
purchase our products.
Some state have many restrictions.

If you are a wine shop owner and would like to carry our wines please
contact us directly.
Please ask your local wine retailer to carry our products. If they decide
to carry our mead we will
give you a three bottle sample pack for free."

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hi-Time is the place to go, they have a pretty good selection of mead there. Lurgashall, Chaucers, Nibit, Jadwiga and a couple of others. One of my favorite hang-outs.

You can also get some at Cost Plus World Market, however they only carry Chaucers.

GntlKnght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
Thanks! I've got Cost + World Market at home, so I'll seek out Hi Time! I've stopped at several "liquor" and wine shops and have found nothing so far, so I really appreciate this!
Thanks again!

Michael_Ng

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 9, 2004
www.kwmeads.com
I'm starting a Mead Distributor business in Northern CA... ;D

If there are any stores in particular that anyone thinks I should talk to in California, please let me know. I'm sure I'll be making several trips down to Southern CA in 2005 to expand. Maybe before Southern Faire if I can manage it.

Oh yeah, and we'll be selling retail online as well. We were originally scheduled to open this month, but now it's looking like January 2005 is more realistic. (Gotta l:mad:ve those direct shipment laws.)

Michael Ng
Owner - Knowne World Meads

GntlKnght

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 9, 2004
Michael Ng said:
I'm starting a Mead Distributor business in Northern CA... ;D

If there are any stores in particular that anyone thinks I should talk to in California, please let me know.
Michael, congratulations and good luck!!!! I'm sure everyone, who would like to drink more mead hopes things work out well for you!
The store I stopped in that I expect more from is a chain called Beverages and more. They have a fairly large selection of wine, but I don't remember seeing any mead. No, wait, now that I think of it, I think I saw Chaucer's there. But a variety would be nice!
Again, good luck! Let me know when you can ship to North Carolina! :-/

Michael_Ng

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 9, 2004
www.kwmeads.com
GntlKnght said:
Michael, congratulations and good luck!!!! I'm sure everyone, who would like to drink more mead hopes things work out well for you!
The store I stopped in that I expect more from is a chain called Beverages and more. They have a fairly large selection of wine, but I don't remember seeing any mead. No, wait, now that I think of it, I think I saw Chaucer's there. But a variety would be nice!

Actually, I made some contacts with a BevMo buyer in Northern CA a few months ago when I was starting this whole thing. At the time, he was definitely interested in buying more Mead. The ones I've gone to have had both Chaucers and Bunratty. Here's hoping that they'll buy a lot more... ;D

GntlKnght said:
Again, good luck! Let me know when you can ship to North Carolina! :-/

I'll have to double check, but I *think* North Carolina is one of the states that will require a little bit of extra work to get into. If this is the case, it may take a few more months to ship there. E-Mail me or check out our site in January.

Michael Ng

V

Vicky Rowe

Michael, get up with Mike Faul at Rabbits Foot. He tells me he can ship to NC, so you might be able to get that set up.

Vicky - avoiding work for a minute or two

Michael_Ng

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Dec 9, 2004
www.kwmeads.com
Vicky,

Actually, I just re-checked my paperwork. I can ship to NC with no problems, it just takes a little more paperwork and money to get there. Not normally a problem until you remember that I'm starting with 30+ Meads and a small business start-up budget...

Michael Ng

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns