• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Need your input with links and such

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Folks,

I was just banging through my links to mead sites, and see many have moved (or been dropped), and my links are bad. I'm working on converting every one of the 1200 pages to the new format, and would like to both update and expand the links sections.

Anyone who has new links for the bad ones here: http://www.gotmead.com/mead-research/links/mead-links.shtml, could you shoot them to me at gotmead@gotmead.com? I'm going to be googling for new ones too, and adding a pile that are in the 'todo' file.

For those of you that never leave the forum ::) - check out the rest of the site. I'll be adding hundreds of new recipes, many more links, and expanded areas for mead-making and troubleshooting, among others.

Also watch for meadery reviews with reviews of their wares and shops (got 2 on the stick to write), a new section for SCA, another new section for the IMA, a story section (thanks, Miriam), a comics section (thanks, LostnBronx), online brewing supplies and honey and herbs, plus a lot more goodies too numerous to mention.

If you have ideas on how I can improve the site, now is the time to tell me. I'd like to incorporate them as I roll out the new design.

I'm goin' full time GotMead, y'all! This is gonna be a wild ride. ;D

Vicky - a regular cesspool of ideas......

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
"never leave the forum..."

I deeply resemble that accusation! ;D

Ok, I'm guilty. I'll crawl out of the warm comfort zone of the forum into the rest of the wild wilderness of the web. ;D

David

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hey, at least you admit it! I suspect there are lots of folks here that didn't even know there *was* a website for Gotmead.......::staring directly at the sheephish crowd of Forum regulars out there::

Am I right? ::grinning, ducking and running::

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
hart1a.jpg[img]

Vicky the Gotmead Webwench said:
Hey, at least you admit it! I suspect there are lots of folks here that didn't even know there *was* a website for Gotmead.......::staring directly at the sheephish crowd of Forum regulars out there::

Am I right? ::grinning, ducking and running::

A web site for GotMead? Oh yeah, isn't that the first part of the URL, the one that comes before /smf/index.php? ::)

:: also grinning, ducking and running::

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yeah, but Dan, you knew me when I was a wet-behind-the-ears newbie on the MLD.......*long* before this thing came around. You, sir, are an exception to the 'website, what website' comment....LOL

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Vicky,

Check your email. I went through the whole list... except international. You now have all the current information, and all the ones recommended for removal.

Wrathwilde

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Wrathe, have I told you lately that I love you? (your mead is pretty good too, LOL) Give your SO a hug from me too.

running back to check the email.....

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Got Mead site? Oh, isn't that all those pages and pages of menu links to the Forum, and, um, I dunno, some other stuff? I heard about them! ;D

-David

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
hart1a.jpg[img]

LOL -- I remember the very first version of GotMead, with just a few pages, completely different layout and design . . . and of course, no forum.

Guess that makes me a GotMead old timer. ;D

Really great to see how it's expanded. I saw how the "Viking Answer Lady" turned her web site from a hobby to a full time position -- it's gonna happen here too.

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Never leave the forums? There must be fifty new posts this morning alone. At this rate, how can I leave the forum and keep up? If I did, I would miss how you went from links, to bulldozers, to chickens!!!!

I would call that meandering conversation enigmatic if I knew what the word meant.

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Well, I snuck out for a quik peek.

(It was SCARY out there... ;D)

The site is looking really good.

I've emailed you some updates.

David

(Getting comfy deeply burrowed in the forum again)

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Angus said:
I would call that meandering conversation enigmatic if I knew what the word meant.

enigmatic |?enig?matik| (also enigmatical) adjective difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious : he took the money with an enigmatic smile. See note at doubtful. :p

All your resources are belong to us.

Wrathwilde

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns