Thread: I finally have my equipment

Default I finally have my equipment

Well I got myself a primary today, I was using the same vessel as my primary and as my secondary but I now have two separate ones, yay. Itís a beer set up (so itís plastic) but thatís ok as it has a thermometer on the side of the carboy, and I can now use my glass carboy as the secondary. So I have a batch of beer under way, some mead in the wardrobe, and some hard ice tea in the drawer.

Now all I need is the bottles, ha.

Just figured I would share my joy.

Mu.

Default Re: I finally have my equipment

Mu,

Ah...there's nothing like a growing brew set-up to make a person happy! We'll now expect many reports of many batches of many potables from your many vessels!

Congrats on your acquisition!

-David

Enjoy, enjoy! And watch out, this hobby is very addictive; even if you drink only moderately, making the stuff starts taking over the brain.

Miriam
    Miriam the Mead Bubeh
    Israeli Kitchen www.mimi54.wordpress.com

I guess I will have to invite some friends round sooner or later, because drinking that lot would take me alone a good few months. I like the valve for bottling, that will stop the product ending up every where. And the stick on thermometers seem to be a good idea for monitoring the temperature of your must.

And indeed it does. But I live in Australia, so im sure ill be able to find some people to consume my creations. Im weighting for the apple trees to blossom, then I may give cider a go. I enjoy cooking, and to me making drinks is an extension of that. But I have a love for honey, so mead will always be there bubbling away.

Mu.