• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

New Cartoon by LostnBronx

Barrel Char Wood Products

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Wonderful! David, the cartoons are so well done; how could you get inside a hive that way?! The invisible ninja bee is hysterical. I'll keep looking out for new cartoons!

Miriam

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Miriam,

Thanks for the kind words! At the risk of being a shameless self-promoter, I'm going to announce here whenever a new toon is up. It can be hard to lure us off the Forums sometimes! ;D

-David

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
LOL.....*that's* that truth! David, I cracked up all through reading them. Keep 'em coming, now that I have the format laid out, I can slap 'em up in jig time. Once I get us moved into the content management system, I'll give you your own login so you can just upload them when they're ready.....

Oh, and new cool stuff coming: meadery interviews and mead reviews. I've been talking to Lindisfarne Meadery in the U.K, and when I get my Vonage line, I'll be calling them to get an interview. They'll be the first interview/review for the international set, and I've 2 I'm writing now on US meaderies.

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hey Vicky,
Since you'll be using VoIP calling, you might consider recording the interview for a future podcast!
Is there something new about to happen with the chat room or is the mead getting to me?

Ted

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I'd planned to record it, though with VoIP you can never tell how the quality will be. I have to scope out some recording equipment for my end, I'll be looking into a mic, software and a card next week.....

The chat room will work as soon as I've gotten a new template that is SMF compatible up and running with the site layout. I've got one put together, but it won't display. Still working out the code for it.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns