Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Default Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Hey all,

I just wanted to start this holiday week right by wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. My friends here on Gotmead are on the list of things I am thankful for... along with the fact that Oskaar hasn't found his way into my storage room yet...

But seriously, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on Gotmead!

Pewter

2. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

The best thing about working in the public school system is that I get the entire week off... with pay!

This means much mead-tinkering goodness.

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by abejita
    The best thing about working in the public school system is that I get the entire week off... with pay!

This means much mead-tinkering goodness.
    This week mght be one of the few I wish I was a school teacher. Otherwise, I don't have the patience to survive some of the things you probably have to deal with on a regular basis...

I have Thursday and Friday off. I will hopefully get everything racked that needs racking and a new straight mead started. Maybe a batch of Vanilla Mead if Mynx will get hers done...

My oldest has all week off. My two youngest have school today and a half day Tuesday and then the rest of the week off. I wish I was a kid... well maybe just 21, not 10.... (gotta be legal age to drink doncha know...)

Thank You Pewter,

I too am grateful for GotMead and all the folks here, who have made learning about mead and mazing an enjoyable endeavor.

Here's wishing the very best to you and your's and to everyone here.

Happy mazing,

Anthony

5. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Pewter_of_Deodar

My oldest has all week off. My two youngest have school today and a half day Tuesday and then the rest of the week off. I wish I was a kid... well maybe just 21, not 10.... (gotta be legal age to drink doncha know...)
    You can be a ten-year-old in my father's family! I was allowed to drink as much as I wanted at age 10 when I was at family parties (way up in the mountains). My only rule was that my aunt or my father had to pour my drinks to make sure I didn't get anything other than alcohol.

I would also like to express my thanks to every one on GotMead who has answered my questions, and taught me from their postings. I know my journey has been set on the right path by everything I have learned here.

In particular, to Vicky our dedicated WebWench. Thank you so much for all of the time you spend making this the absolute be all and end all of Mead resources.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Angus
    Chan fhíach cuírm gun a còmhradh

A feast is no use without good talk.

7. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Pewter_of_Deodar
    I have Thursday and Friday off. I will hopefully get everything racked that needs racking and a new straight mead started. Maybe a batch of Vanilla Mead if Mynx will get hers done...

Gosh, I'm a student , and I only have off Thursday and Friday off as well. I wish I was at my old school where we got a whole week off for Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a great day feasting on murdered fowl, swearing at your favorite football team, watching the Twilight Zone Marathon, talking politics with your family after a few too many glasses of mead and generally eating too much generally being obnoxious!

Holidays are hilarious, booze, football, politics, TV show marathons, mass quantities of food, more booze, mass quantities of desserts, more booze, and then sleep!

I personally can't wait! LOL

Everyone be safe, be happy and for goodness sake drink lot's of mead. Don't forget Pewter I have your address, your mead is living on borrowed time

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

9. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar
    I hope everyone has a great day feasting on murdered fowl
    or, in my case, murdered soy and wheat! tofurkey, baby!

10. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Tofurkey? Tofurkey, hmm.....I'm feeling a bit woozy, I have to sit down. :P

Don't forget Pewter I have your address, your mead is living on borrowed time
    Hmmm. I have Oskaar's Address, Only One Thing To Do! Toga! Toga! TO GA... wait that's not the Animal House Quote I want... better give this some more thought. "what are we going to do now? Road Trip."

Tofu? I'd Need a bottle of Wild Turkey to wash that down! Had it I don't know how many times... I used to have a lot of Hippie friends... A lot of fond memories sans food.

Wrathwilde

12. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Road Trip? Did I hear someone say Road Trip? I'm ready!!!!I'll grab some mead, some beer and hope that Anthony will bring some of his Kick A#@ mustard! LOL

Thank you all for the hand-holding and the great advice. Thank you Vicky for the greatest site of all.
    Happy Goble-goble Day all! I only have Thursday off , but I'll get up early to fry a turkey

Enjoy,
    Ted

Pawn Gotmead Visitor

Im real thankful for all you folks being so helpful with my newbee questions and being so silent with my not so well thought out questions

Have a good thanksgiving all, kick back relax and appreciate family/friends, Best to yah...John

P.S. Brewbear, I have thursday off and the weekend paid just like you

14. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathwilde
    Tofu? I'd Need a bottle of Wild Turkey to wash that down! Had it I don't know how many times... I used to have a lot of Hippie friends... A lot of fond memories sans food.
    Regular tofu I can stand, because it tends to take the flavor of what you're cooking. There was a Chinese resturant where I used to live that served a killer fried tofu soup. I'm just not sure how you get it to taste like turkey, without using turkey!

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Speaking of which, when are we going to exchange yeast test batches?

But on the other hand, and seriously, if you ever are in this neck of the woods please feel free to stop in for at least a long evening to taste and share stuff. I would seriously love to have an educated palette to try and comment on most of my batches...

Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathwilde
    Hmmm. I have Oskaar's Address, Only One Thing To Do! Toga! Toga! TO GA... wait that's not the Animal House Quote I want... better give this some more thought. "what are we going to do now? Road Trip."

Wrathwilde
    WW,

Isn't my place on the road to Oskaar's from your place? Just give me a call an hour in advance so I can pack my corkscr.. I mean clothing...

I'm thirsty!!! Spillage party!!!

Pewter

You'll have to get through the maze of booby-traps I have set in the meadworx! Along with my vicious guard dog pFredd (he's trained to crotch bite so enter at your own risk) LOL

Anyhow, you all just be safe, be happy and drink lots of mead. I've got a couple of bottles of Cyser bottled up and ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

18. Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Did anybody say boobies
    Oh, wait...booby-traps Darn, I was stillthinking of last Friday at Hooters
    Have a fun and safe Thanksgiving all!

Cheers,
    Ted

Happy Thanksgiving all, planning to sacrifice a bottle of my year old pineapple mead at the table tomorrow . Got lots to be thankful for.

Travel safely and eat well tomorrow!

West Michigan is under a winter storm warning for the day - so I'll have to pickup Grandma and Grandpa - great excuse to work the 4x4 on our 79 International Scout II.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. ...well to all but the turkey, and he doesn't care anymore...

David
    David Baldwin
    Michigan Meadery LLC

www.michiganmeadery.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast