• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

Barrel Char Wood Products

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey all,

I just wanted to start this holiday week right by wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving. My friends here on Gotmead are on the list of things I am thankful for... along with the fact that Oskaar hasn't found his way into my storage room yet... ::) ::) ::)

But seriously, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here on Gotmead!

Pewter

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
abejita said:
The best thing about working in the public school system is that I get the entire week off... with pay!

This means much mead-tinkering goodness.
This week mght be one of the few I wish I was a school teacher. Otherwise, I don't have the patience to survive some of the things you probably have to deal with on a regular basis...

I have Thursday and Friday off. I will hopefully get everything racked that needs racking and a new straight mead started. Maybe a batch of Vanilla Mead if Mynx will get hers done... ::) ::) ::)

My oldest has all week off. My two youngest have school today and a half day Tuesday and then the rest of the week off. I wish I was a kid... well maybe just 21, not 10.... (gotta be legal age to drink doncha know...)

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Thank You Pewter,

I too am grateful for GotMead and all the folks here, who have made learning about mead and mazing an enjoyable endeavor.

Here's wishing the very best to you and your's and to everyone here.

Happy mazing,

Anthony

abejita

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 31, 2005
bottlebombs.blogspot.com
Pewter_of_Deodar said:
My oldest has all week off. My two youngest have school today and a half day Tuesday and then the rest of the week off. I wish I was a kid... well maybe just 21, not 10.... (gotta be legal age to drink doncha know...)

You can be a ten-year-old in my father's family! I was allowed to drink as much as I wanted at age 10 when I was at family parties (way up in the mountains). My only rule was that my aunt or my father had to pour my drinks to make sure I didn't get anything other than alcohol.

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
I would also like to express my thanks to every one on GotMead who has answered my questions, and taught me from their postings. I know my journey has been set on the right path by everything I have learned here.

In particular, to Vicky our dedicated WebWench. Thank you so much for all of the time you spend making this the absolute be all and end all of Mead resources.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Angus

mouko_yamamoto

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 21, 2005
Pewter_of_Deodar said:
I have Thursday and Friday off. I will hopefully get everything racked that needs racking and a new straight mead started. Maybe a batch of Vanilla Mead if Mynx will get hers done... ::) ::) ::)

Gosh, I'm a student , and I only have off Thursday and Friday off as well. I wish I was at my old school where we got a whole week off for Thanksgiving.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I hope everyone has a great day feasting on murdered fowl, swearing at your favorite football team, watching the Twilight Zone Marathon, talking politics with your family after a few too many glasses of mead and generally eating too much generally being obnoxious!

Holidays are hilarious, booze, football, politics, TV show marathons, mass quantities of food, more booze, mass quantities of desserts, more booze, and then sleep!

I personally can't wait! LOL

Everyone be safe, be happy and for goodness sake drink lot's of mead. Don't forget Pewter I have your address, your mead is living on borrowed time 8)

Cheers,

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Oskaar said:
Don't forget Pewter I have your address, your mead is living on borrowed time 8)

Hmmm. I have Oskaar's Address, Only One Thing To Do! Toga! Toga! TO GA... wait that's not the Animal House Quote I want... better give this some more thought. "what are we going to do now? Road Trip."

Tofu? I'd Need a bottle of Wild Turkey to wash that down! Had it I don't know how many times... I used to have a lot of Hippie friends... A lot of fond memories sans food.

Wrathwilde

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Road Trip? Did I hear someone say Road Trip? I'm ready!!!!I'll grab some mead, some beer and hope that Anthony will bring some of his Kick A#@ mustard! LOL

Thank you all for the hand-holding and the great advice. Thank you Vicky for the greatest site of all.
Happy Goble-goble Day all! I only have Thursday off :mad:, but I'll get up early to fry a turkey ;D

Enjoy,
Ted

P

Pawn

Im real thankful for all you folks being so helpful with my newbee questions and being so silent with my not so well thought out questions :-[

Have a good thanksgiving all, kick back relax and appreciate family/friends, Best to yah...John

P.S. Brewbear, I have thursday off and the weekend paid just like you ;)

CheshireCat

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
Wrathwilde said:
Tofu? I'd Need a bottle of Wild Turkey to wash that down! Had it I don't know how many times... I used to have a lot of Hippie friends... A lot of fond memories sans food.

Regular tofu I can stand, because it tends to take the flavor of what you're cooking. There was a Chinese resturant where I used to live that served a killer fried tofu soup. I'm just not sure how you get it to taste like turkey, without using turkey! :D

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oskaar said:
Don't forget Pewter I have your address, your mead is living on borrowed time 8)

Cheers,

Oskaar

Speaking of which, when are we going to exchange yeast test batches?

But on the other hand, and seriously, if you ever are in this neck of the woods please feel free to stop in for at least a long evening to taste and share stuff. I would seriously love to have an educated palette to try and comment on most of my batches...

Pewter

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wrathwilde said:
Oskaar said:

Hmmm. I have Oskaar's Address, Only One Thing To Do! Toga! Toga! TO GA... wait that's not the Animal House Quote I want... better give this some more thought. "what are we going to do now? Road Trip."

Wrathwilde

WW,

Isn't my place on the road to Oskaar's from your place? Just give me a call an hour in advance so I can pack my corkscr.. I mean clothing...

I'm thirsty!!! Spillage party!!!

Pewter

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
You'll have to get through the maze of booby-traps I have set in the meadworx! Along with my vicious guard dog pFredd (he's trained to crotch bite so enter at your own risk) LOL

Anyhow, you all just be safe, be happy and drink lots of mead. I've got a couple of bottles of Cyser bottled up and ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Did anybody say boobies???
Oh, wait...booby-traps :mad: Darn, I was stillthinking of last Friday at Hooters ;D
Have a fun and safe Thanksgiving all!

Cheers,
Ted

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Travel safely and eat well tomorrow!

West Michigan is under a winter storm warning for the day - so I'll have to pickup Grandma and Grandpa - great excuse to work the 4x4 on our 79 International Scout II.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. ...well to all but the turkey, and he doesn't care anymore... ;D

David

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns