FerndalePalooza!30% Off Pairing Mead and Food!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to help move Gotmead into the new content management system?

Default Re: Want to help move Gotmead into the new content management system?

Send it over and I will take a stab at it. Use the us.ul.com address.
    Chan fhíach cuírm gun a còmhradh

A feast is no use without good talk.

OK. Is anyone other than me seeing http://www.gotmead.com/index.php too wide at 1024x768 in IE? I'm seeing a scroll bar at the bottom, and 'search' is off the screen.

Vicky
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Owner & Webmistress, Gotmead.com
    Executive Director, American Mead Makers Association
    http://www.mead-makers.org
    Making Mead since 1995

Nope! But I'm at 1600x1200 on this workstation. I'll check out my others and my laptop as well, but they all looked OK to me earlier on!

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Thanks! I'm not going to mess with it if it looks ok to everyone else ("It's just you, Vicky!"), so I'll table it until I get some feedback on this and continue moving content.....

4 pages down, 1496 pages to go.....LOL

Vicky - getting ready to HTML the MLD archives with a new layout to fit in here......gotta figure out if I can do a DB upload and do it wholesale...
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

Looks good to me in both IE and Netscape at 1024x768. Nice layout, too!

-David

Aghhhhh! I've gotten all the MLD digests converted to HTML, and there isn't a decent importer for Joomla to bring them into the site in a pile. There's over *1200* of the bloody things, and I'll be *danged* if I'm not going to figure out *some* way to dump them into the database without having to do this one at a time......

In other notes:

- I've imported all the quotes (under the header on the new site)

- I've created *most* of the sections and categories for the files, and will start dropping in the old pages. Once that's done, I'd love it folks could check out the pages in the new site and give me feedback on what needs updating, things you'd like to see, etc.

- JamesP is working on recipes (and meanwhile I'm working on getting them to display right, and the list to show up opened)

- Hedgehog is doing the glossary (which I haven't linked to the menu yet, but I'm getting there, it will be under mead resources)

- I'm creating a booklist (submit yours that aren't already here: http://www.gotmead.com/stores/mead-bookstore.shtml)

- I'll HTML Dan's Bibliography so there are clickable links

- Link in the *NEW SHOP* with a brew shop and a honey shop (inputting data this week), as well as GM pins, wooden mugs and lots of other cool stuff

Things I need: (via email please)
    - list of beer types (for the recipe program)
    - list of wine types (for the recipe program)
    - your mead links (I'll be mining the forum for these too, as well as my personal bookmarks and my list at OpenDirectory)
    - any recipes you'd like up there that aren't already here in the forum

Stuff you can do on the new site (either now, or soon)

- Your own brewing blog! Post your brewlog on GM so others can benefit from your skills, you can either allow comments or not.

- Podcast download - when we start podcasting (I'm getting equipment this month, I hope) you'll be able to pull it right from the site

- Newsletters sent with the latest GM updates

- Your own GM homepage (coming soon) at http://www.gotmead.com/yourhomepage

- Your own GM email address - Want to have a GM address? For a paltry sum, you can have yourname@gotmead.com (soon)

- File uploading and downloading - we'll be providing you a place to up/download recipe files, cool tools, etc.

::whew::

Thats just the start. More to come, time to read a bit, then sleep....

Vicky - programming my fingers 'til the prints are gone...
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

Flippin' sweet! Some very exciting new features...you ROCK, Vicky!

Kirk <--- still waiting for Vicky to send me stuff to do

::sigh:: If you've tried this morning to login to the new site, you probably can't. I can't login either. I'm talking with my hosting company, I think I have a sessions issue. Whenever I try to login, a session is created on the server, and in the DB, but it doesn't let you in.

I'm ticked, and pursuing it. Bear with me, folks.

Vicky - pissed at losing a day to fixing something that shouldn't be broke
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

Dangit. Something happened last night, and now the system won't let anyone log in to the new site. I'm working on it. *I* can't even log in. I might have to re-install the whole thing tomorrow.

Sorry guys, others have had this issue, something got glitched somewhere in the customization.

Vicky - frustrated and going to bed in hopes of a dream revelation on what the heck to do to fix this
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

For those of you that are helping with data entry, the logins are now fixed (after a complete re-install). If you have trouble logging in, use the 'forgot my password' function on the login box on the main page to get it sent to you.

Email me at gotmead@gotmead.com if you have problems, and thanks for your patience!

Vicky - vastly relieved that whatever database glitch caused this is fixed
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

Yay! Data is going in, and we're getting the *ALL NEW* Gotmead.com going. Angus is writing the Newbee Guide to Meadmaking (check it out!), Miriam has donated her fab book as a fundraiser, LostnBronx is going to be heading up our new Cartoon section, and several vunderbar, fab folks are toiling to get the *entire* archives of the MLD up on the site (you know who you are, and if I ever get a chance to bottle, yer all getting mead in the mail from this grateful Webwench).

I'm in the process of contacting as many of the old authors from the AMA Journals as I can find, to get reprint permission for their articles, and hope to lure Ken Schramm into penning some stuff for us.

Those of you out there visiting meaderies, let me know, and I'll arm you with questions for an interview, and *I need mead reviews*.

I'll be putting up a beekeeping section, and need folks who know about that stuff to help work out how it should be put together, as I'll be just getting into it later this year, so I'm a total newbee (LOL) in this.

Nows yer chance to tell me what you'd like to see. All the old site data will be transferred, but if you're wanting new, cool articles, nows the time to tell me!

Dan, I don't suppose I could sweet talk you for some of your historical expertise?

Vicky - happy things are working, and going off to *finally* get some sleep (LOL)
    Wassail!

Vicky Rowe
    Making Mead since 1995

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12