• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

help find link to ken schramm's zymurgy article re: increment feeding

Barrel Char Wood Products

wilstang

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 29, 2005
somewhere on this site I found a link to a wine site that had a link to an article in zymurgy by Ken Schramm about incremental feeding of musts. Unfortunatly, when I went there I was told I needed adobe 7.0 to view. While trying to download 7.0 my computer froze up and had to be restarted. I had been reading posts for a couple of hours and could not remember how I got there.
I have spent a lot of time using search function to no avail.
Will sombody please add the article to the favorite links section?

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Are you sure it was a pdf file? The only thing I could find on Google search was this link:

http://www.homebrew.org/aob/pdf/Mead_author.pd

We did have some recent discussion on this subject over at this thread:

http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=103&topic=3037.0

where I had posted a link to Hightest's FAQ's including incremental feeding. You can find it here:

http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?s=97dd308019b959978fb2ab8f0d43c863&showtopic=26745

Hope this is the info you needed!

wilstang

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 29, 2005
Don't know what kind of file, i'm new to computer use.
I am sure I got there from here somewhere, I guess it was'nt the jack keller site, I,ve searched it; but it was a link to someone discussing their incremental feeding methods and how Schramm's findings backed them up, although slightly different, and they linked to the article. I guess I'll check every post untill I find it.
Better yet and probably of value to others, would you ( or somone else) please post a synopsis of Schramms article re: incremental feeding? I am starting my third batch today (med.sweet mead,orange blossom honey w/71b yeast) and could use the info.

Thanks,
Will

wilstang

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 29, 2005
Oops! caffiene deficient this morning..... just noticed your link to incremental feeding. Thanks, Dan.
Iwould erase my prior post so I look less foolish but don't know how. Thanks again.

Will

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
You can indeed find a PDF version of Ken's article. However, I will not link it here because I don't have any information about the legality of it's 'reprinting'. I would suggest buying a copy of the Nov/Dec 2005 Zymurgy. If you refuse/can't/won't or whatever you can find it by rummaging around the links that Dan has posted below.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns