Thread: Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

Default Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

Hey all you Illinois folks (and everyone else) on the forums, better check this out.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...92&newsLang=en

Looks like it's time to call your state reps and raise some hell.

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

2. Default Re: Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

I hate this stuff. freakin greed. 24 cases per person per year per winery. How many of us will even push that limit? Glad to read that at least the Supreme Court supports us. Bring down the cartel!

Default Re: Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar
    Hey all you Illinois folks . . .
    Yikes! That's me! I'll get on that right away . . .

Folk more in the know on winery law than I am might want to chip in on this, but I would guess that the move on the part of the wholesalers will also threaten commercial mead as well. I've tried talking to our local outlet into introducing mead among his selections but so far he's been wary. A law like this may make it impossible.

<><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)

4. Default Re: Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

as far as the laws are concerned, mead = wine, so this applies to mead also.

Default Re: Illinois Wine and Beer Wholesalers Threaten Consumer Wine Revolt

Done! Letters were sent via "Free the Grapes!" and for good measure, I also sent a news tip to the Chicago Tribune. They've covered the Illinois wine scene in the past, so hopefully they will be very interested in this.

<><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><><>
    Dan McFeeley

"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
    (The people's spirit is raised through culture)