• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2006 WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition

Barrel Char Wood Products

Alden

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 13, 2005
I just stumbled on this at Brew Your Own's website:

Enter Your Best Meads! Jan, 2006

The best homemade meads from across North America will compete for gold, silver and bronze medals plus a Best of Show award in the 2006 WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition. Enter your meads and you can gain international recognition for your skills and get valuable feedback from the competition's judging panel. Deadline to enter is April 14, 2006.

Entry Deadline: April 14, 2006

A rundown of mead and wine categories and rules for the 2006 WineMaker International Amateur Wine Competition can be found below.

A Best of Show Mead medal will be awarded to best overall mead thanks to The Winemaker's Toy Store:

Category Medals (Gold, Silver and Bronze) will be awarded thanks to the following sponsors in the following 3 mead categories:
41. Traditional Mead (Stomp Them Grapes)
42. Fruit Mead (The Purple Foot - Milwaukee)
43. Herb and Spice Mead (Nevada Brew & Wine Supply)

For entry form, check out the webpage: http://byo.com/feature/1111.html

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
Yeah, that is a bit rediculous. How many judges are there that they need a full 750ml bottle for each round? $20 per entry? No thanks guys.

John

JamesP

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 3, 2003
Brisbane Australia
** Special announcement **

send your $20 and two of your best bottles TO ME, and I promise to judge them thoroughly ;D ;)

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
Ell. Send me a 350 mL bottle of your third best. I will judge it forr free while I get rejuvenated. ;D ;)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns