Thread: Great Honey Price

1. Default Great Honey Price

Hello all

This will be of particular interest to you folks in Sothern California, but may be to others as well. I just got back from a trip to Miller's Honey in Colton California. They have a 5 gallon bucket of Wild Flower honey for 60.00. That is 1.00 a pound! They are also selling other bulk varieties (Clover, Orange Blossom etc) for 1.30 a pound when bought in bulk.

Check out the website at www.millershoney.com

Happy brewing

Scott

2. Default Re: Great Honey Price

That's good info! Being from NY the shipping makes it kind of prohibitive. I have recently bought from Spring Hill with good results. Dutch Gold will be getting my next order - soon. It's $22 for shipping from them.

Default Re: Great Honey Price

I've bought their orange blossom honey and have been very happy with both their prices and service. Shipped to Denver, five gallons is still cheaper than what I pay my local producer for four gallons of alfalfa.

4. Default Re: Great Honey Price

If you call Dutch Gold, be sure to find out if they have a distributor near you. It might save you some shipping cost. I've ordered from them in the past (I live in TX) and they charge more to ship west of the Mississipi (if memory serves), but they told me that they have a distributor in TX and gave me his contact information.

5. Default Re: Great Honey Price

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Horner
    Check out the website at www.millershoney.com

Scott
    I like their prices but I think their website background graphics gave me a seisure....

6. Default Re: Great Honey Price

Yeah the back ground does kinda give me an insta headache. Nothing a little mead wont cure

7. Default Re: Great Honey Price

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Horner
    Yeah the back ground does kinda give me an insta headache. Nothing a little mead wont cure
    That is fairly hideous, isn't it...

Yeah, the background is . . . beginning web design 101 no no! LOL

Anyhow, buckwheat at $19 a gallon makes my headache go away real fast!

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

9. Default Re: Great Honey Price

Quote Originally Posted by Oskaar
    Yeah, the background is . . . beginning web design 101 no no! LOL

Anyhow, buckwheat at $19 a gallon makes my headache go away real fast!
    Excellent pricing for sure... it's too bad that shipping is so high for us on the East coast.

Steve

Yeah, Miller's has good honey at great prices. I've placed a couple orders from them before. They have a great variety of honeys (more than they list on their website) and have good service. Even with shipping to TX it is still usually cheaper than buying local stuff from beekeepers. However, although its good honey, the unprocessed stuff from local beekeepers is fresher and bursting with flavor so I get what I can from them.

Cheers,
    Kirk

11. Default Re: Great Honey Price

I received my Miller's orange blossom last week, and started a traditional mead with it on Tuesday (see brewlog). I was satisfied with the price, including shipping. Now that it's fermenting, I am very pleased with the lovely floral notes of their OB honey. Distinct orange blossom aroma, just like orange blossom water!

HD

12. Default Re: Great Honey Price

OMG That is a mind altering background. No need for mead with that. I was seeing double without mead. Or any brewed beverage. They should put a siezure warning on that sight. LOL May the gods grant you great brews.