• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Great Honey Price

Barrel Char Wood Products

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Hello all

This will be of particular interest to you folks in Sothern California, but may be to others as well. I just got back from a trip to Miller's Honey in Colton California. They have a 5 gallon bucket of Wild Flower honey for 60.00. That is 1.00 a pound! They are also selling other bulk varieties (Clover, Orange Blossom etc) for 1.30 a pound when bought in bulk.

Check out the website at www.millershoney.com

Happy brewing

Scott

memento

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 3, 2005
www.flickr.com
That's good info! Being from NY the shipping makes it kind of prohibitive. I have recently bought from Spring Hill with good results. Dutch Gold will be getting my next order - soon. It's $22 for shipping from them.

Summersolstice

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 14, 2005
Central Nebraska, USA
I've bought their orange blossom honey and have been very happy with both their prices and service. Shipped to Denver, five gallons is still cheaper than what I pay my local producer for four gallons of alfalfa.

Alden

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 13, 2005
If you call Dutch Gold, be sure to find out if they have a distributor near you. It might save you some shipping cost. I've ordered from them in the past (I live in TX) and they charge more to ship west of the Mississipi (if memory serves), but they told me that they have a distributor in TX and gave me his contact information.

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Yeah the back ground does kinda give me an insta headache. Nothing a little mead wont cure

SteveT

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2004
Scott Horner said:
Yeah the back ground does kinda give me an insta headache. Nothing a little mead wont cure

That is fairly hideous, isn't it...

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Yeah, the background is . . . beginning web design 101 no no! LOL

Anyhow, buckwheat at $19 a gallon makes my headache go away real fast!

Cheers,

Oskaar

SteveT

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 1, 2004
Oskaar said:
Yeah, the background is . . . beginning web design 101 no no! LOL

Anyhow, buckwheat at $19 a gallon makes my headache go away real fast!

Excellent pricing for sure... it's too bad that shipping is so high for us on the East coast.

Steve

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
Yeah, Miller's has good honey at great prices. I've placed a couple orders from them before. They have a great variety of honeys (more than they list on their website) and have good service. Even with shipping to TX it is still usually cheaper than buying local stuff from beekeepers. However, although its good honey, the unprocessed stuff from local beekeepers is fresher and bursting with flavor so I get what I can from them.

Cheers,
Kirk

hiddendragonet

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 27, 2006
I received my Miller's orange blossom last week, and started a traditional mead with it on Tuesday (see brewlog). I was satisfied with the price, including shipping. Now that it's fermenting, I am very pleased with the lovely floral notes of their OB honey. Distinct orange blossom aroma, just like orange blossom water!

HD

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
OMG That is a mind altering background. No need for mead with that. I was seeing double without mead. ::) Or any brewed beverage. They should put a siezure warning on that sight. LOL May the gods grant you great brews.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns