• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Today

Barrel Char Wood Products

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY, GMers!! Just wanted to say that. This is a major holiday to us Irish. Make sure you green your mead and wear your green. Especially if you are Irish like me. If you are not Irish you can wear green if you want, but it is not necessary. But we Irish appreciate it. ;D One word more. Kiss me because I am Irish! :-*

May the gods grant you great brews,
Gerald

--SEmper

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 28, 2006
HAPPY ST PADDY'S to all of ya!!

Spent some time studying in Ireland!

Rocko: "Everybody's fucking Irish tonight!!"

Diving in the Guinness later tonight ;D

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Hehehe... Going to see a Pogues cover band tonight too ;)

To quote my boyfriend "Happy 'Being Canadian ain't good enough, I have to pretend I'm Irish' Day!"

/Scottish
//drinking anyhow

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Sure! If I had any ready!

I get the feeling they do well enough on their own...with a band name like "Shane's Teeth" I think they have it 'covered'.

;)

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Beannachtam na Femle Padraig!

Fad saol agat (long life to you!)

Ireland is . . .

stpatrick2.jpg

and

guinness.jpg

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
I work second and did not get out of work until after 11
:00. I am enjoying Guiness now! I am on my third. ;D

Gerald

NeadMead

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 2, 2006
18Mar06 ;D ;D ;DIT'S HERE!!! ;D ;D ;D IT'S HERE!!! ;D ;D ;D DESI'S DEW MEAD HAS ARRIVED!!! ;D ;D ;D MY FIRST MEAD!!! NEADMEAD NOW HAS MEAD!!! TEN YEARS OF SEARCHING HAS FINALLY PAID OFF!!! ;D ;D ;D I will let everyone know how it turns out. One Dry still mead and a blackberrry still melomel.

Gerald

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
It was a long day for this greenblooded "mick"! Started out with a hearty breakfast, and was down at the bar tapping on the window by 9:55. Doors opened by 10, drunk by 10:45. Parade, cute green college girls, wait, how many pitchers is that? No pansy green beer here. Black Bush in the flask, guinness in the pitcher. Lamb stew for lunch. No need to leave the bar. Snakebites! Why am I smoking ciggarettes? Singing. More singing. whoa! almost fell there. Phone is ringing, people must be off work. more drinking. "Lady, come take me home." "mmmm pizza" whoops, that's the floor. "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Cheers! Hope you all had a fantasmic Paddy's Day

John

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I had to work Paddy's day Eve, so I started the Party the night before with some Jameson's in the boot flask and hit Hero's in Fullerton. Black and tans and some proper corned beef, lots of nubile young college girls flashing for Emerald Green Beads. Life was good! Went until we crossed the midnight barrier and hit St Patrick's day proper and felt good about the whole thing. Ended up with a green thong that I still haven't figured out where it came from???

Cheers,

Oskaar

Sparked_Tiger

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 3, 2021
USA
Back in 2006 when I was on as NeadMead I had received my first meads. They were from Desi's Dew in North Carolina. I had their dry mead and blackberry melomel. I had stated that I would post my opinion on them, but, alack, I forgot to. I am not an expert. Not even trained as a tester. I just go by what my taste buds tell me. I liked them. I will admit that the melomel was sweeter and I do lean more to sweet meads. I had also had their sweet mead before I left North Carolina and it was sweet to me, but not as sweet as the melomel.

Moving to Oklahoma, I found a couple of stores that sold mead. They both only had Chaucer's Mead. I liked it, but Desi's Dew tasted better to me. The interesting thing about Chaucer's is that they sell their mead with spices should you decide to use them to alter the mead's flavour. I never did. Unfortunately, the stores here only had the sweet mead and only did special ordering for high dollar beverages or orders by the case.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns