Thread: Bottling for Compitition

Default Bottling for Compitition

I have some mead which is ready to bottle now, and some I'll be bottling in a few months time.

I don't recall how many of what size bottles are required for entry in the home mazers comp. and I would like to start setting aside entries now.

I've spent some time on the IMA web site and can't find this information.

If you recall the details for number and size of bottles it would be a great help.

Be well,

Dmntd

Default Re: Bottling for Compitition

Standard 750ml wine bottles were fine, the IMA wasn't nearly as restrictive as the AHA which I believe stated that all entries HAD to be bottle capped, even if corked, and had size restrictions that basically only left std 12oz beer bottles as an option.

Wrathwilde

Yeah, we try to make it as easy on the entrants as is reasonable to conduct the competition.

You may cap, cork, or use swing tops. We require three 12 oz bottles at minimum, and if you're using less than 12 oz bottles we require 4 bottles.

No labels, silkscreened bottles, identifying marks, etc. can be on the bottle in order for us to keep the judging anonymous and to keep any competition personnel (judges, stewards, etc.) from recognizing bottles that are their own or from someone they know.

That's it. There may be modifications to this later this year, but at this point them's the rules.

Cheers,

Oskaar
    Is it tasty . . . precious?

Thanks guys, 12oz bottles it is.

I Don't want to send 3 750ml bottles when 3 375ml bottles will do.

Dmntd