So heres the deal, I started a experimental batch Saturday.
1 sixty four oz can of Dole Pineapple juice.
2 Lbs of clover honey
1 Qt of spring water (plus a little more to top off afterwards)
1/2 finger size of fresh grated Ginger root.
1/2 tsp allspice.
1/2 tsp nutmeg.
1/8 tsp cinnamon.
1 campdem tablet.
1 Lalvin 71-B yeast
In a sanitized sauce pan I heated 1 Qt of spring water,
I added all the spices & simmered for 10 minutes.
Turned off the heat & added the honey while steering the pot.
Pineapple juice is already in Gallon jug, I added 1 crushed campdem tablet &
poured the heated mix into the jug. Shook the jug to oxygenize. Topped off with spring water & shook again. (S.G. is 1.090) Place an airlock on it with sanitizer in it & set aside for 24 Hrs.
The next day I placed jug in 3 Gallon pot (in sink) & added hot water (Kept running) to heat up must. 20 minutes later checked temp of must (101 F). Opened pack of 71-B & poured it directly in must & closed with airlock. Signs of fermentation 1 hr later. I was gonna add Yeast Nutrient & Energizer the next day but decided against it do to vigorous fermentation activity. By late noon the fermentation was so vigorous I decided to replace the airlock with a blow over tube. Today the fermentation was so vigorous, The foam forced pineapple pulp into the tube resulting in a pineapple volcano. I lost about a pint of must. Tomorrow I go to store & pick up a few gallons of spring water & top off the jug.
I hope my must did not get infected.
Last edited by MJJ; 04-16-2012 at 10:07 PM..