My last batch of JAO left me with oranges that had become VERY green above the water line, so much so they are almost black. I was afraid this was a real problem (some kind of mold), but when I racked off of the lees/fruit, I did not notice any off smells and the taste was perfectly fine. I went ahead and hit it with stablizers just in case there is the odd bacteria hanging out in there from overly oxidized fruit.
I guess I am wondering, is it oxidation or mold? I'm guessing just oxidation because there is not off smell/taste, but I wanted to make sure I don't ingest anything that could be harmful