• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Question about Joe's Grape Mead / Pyment

Barrel Char Wood Products

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
If you are buying honey the grocery store route, Whole Foods Market is a national grocery store chain in the US. They have an excellent variety of different types of honey compared to most grocery stores.

I usually buy local honey in bulk and Buckwheat isn't local for Michigan so yeah I have to go the grocery store route. There's a Whole Foods kind of nearby, but someone earlier in the thread (who lives like 10 minutes from me) said a local high-end produce market carries smaller bottles of Buckwheat so I'm giving them a try first. I do hit Whole Foods up for Honey when I'm low on the 5 gallon bucket and they have a nice selection of Raw Michigan Honey.

Jas53

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 27, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
I usually buy local honey in bulk and Buckwheat isn't local for Michigan so yeah I have to go the grocery store route. There's a Whole Foods kind of nearby, but someone earlier in the thread (who lives like 10 minutes from me) said a local high-end produce market carries smaller bottles of Buckwheat so I'm giving them a try first. I do hit Whole Foods up for Honey when I'm low on the 5 gallon bucket and they have a nice selection of Raw Michigan Honey.

Should have mentioned earlier that Randazzos sell buckwheat in 1 lb jars - bottled by Klein & Sons in St Charles, MI.

hepcat

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Feb 7, 2012
Central Florida
I'm going to try a good farmer's market about 40 miles away next free Saturday morning I have and if don't find it there will also hit up a whole foods market in the same town, Orlando. I hate going to Orlando unless absolutely necessary. This is a good reason.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns