• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

mead making glossary of terms/dictionary ?

Barrel Char Wood Products

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
That link is broken. Sorry for a such a necro'ing, but is there an actual glossary of terms here at gotmead? I keep seeing mention of a link, or "Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links." Where is this "top row of links"?

Maybe my browser is broken. Firefox refuses to display some things, or they're all "freakily jumbled up" sometimes.

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
That link is broken. Sorry for a such a necro'ing, but is there an actual glossary of terms here at gotmead? I keep seeing mention of a link, or "Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links." Where is this "top row of links"?

Maybe my browser is broken. Firefox refuses to display some things, or they're all "freakily jumbled up" sometimes.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Sorry but you've got us while we're in a construction zone... only the forum is working right now and has recently been upgraded to a different format so some of the things described in posts older than March 2014 or so may not represent actual site conditions... I believe the plans are to get the rest of the site up and running again but no idea on the timeframe, so we're missing our NewBee Guide as well as our Glossary, and our Mead Calculator. The member who took care of the glossary has been a bit busy IRL and I guess he hasn't changed his signature to reflect that our glossary is currently unavailable.

I would suggest to the mods that we create a "sticky" thread for an interim glossary at the moment to cover these bases, and if anyone has working links to or alternate versions of the Calculator and Newbee guide they should be made available in a sticky thread too, but maybe for now, just list the terms you'd like more info on in here and we'll try to explain? What were you trying to look up?

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
I don't even remember now, specifically, what it was that I was looking for... and I might have already found it! :p But, that's the beauty of losing your mind...you keep discovering new things every day. :)

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
+1 to the idea of a sticky. i had suggested this in a thread that posted the meadcalculator.. or was it the newbee guide... Anyway, it got buried under newer posts
Heh, would have never thought I'd see the post in which fatbloke asked what a sugar break is :)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns