• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

SO...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Very odd.

It came up this time, but when I started to enter data into one of the fields, got "Document contains no data". Before it wasn't there at all.

Dmntd

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Sounds like operator error to me! LOL

Seriously though, check your browser settings, especially the java/script settings. What's the browser you're using at present?

Cheers,

Oskaar

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Yeh well...

This box and its basterdized unix OS, have had trouble with GM ever since the forum was wrapped in the site.

My trouble, I'm to lazy to download and compile the files to update the kernel and make a disc image of the latest release.

I have Mozilla, Firefox and Netscape, they all behave oddly viewing GM, not any other web site though.

Dmntd

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
I've gotten some funny glitches too. 1/2 the time I try to make a post the Browser locks up and stops responding... and about 1/2 the time I initially launch my browser (GotMead Home Page) it locks up. It is only GotMead's site that is doing it. All the other sites I visit are fine, and if I launch from a link pointing to any other site its fine. I'm on Safari 2.0.3 OS X 10.4.6

Wrathwilde

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
I've wondered if anyone else was having weird thinks happen.

The most common problem, GM loads at 768 X 2048. The left side menu bar is where it should be, everything else is on the right side of the screen and out of sight until you scroll across.

Dmntd

--SEmper

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 28, 2006
A while ago I could only access the forums, if I logged out.

But that was about the time that the Patron Only forums got launched, so that might have been the kicker.

At home I access normally through FireFox/Ubuntu... No problems to speak of.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hmmm,

Thanks guys for bringing this up so we can check it out. I cruise this one from a Safari browser on top of OSX at the office sometimes and haven't seen that, but now that you brought it to light I'll make sure to hammer on it hard to see if I get the same error.

Thanks,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Sorry you're having issues, guys. I wrote the site and tested under Netscape 7x, IE 6x and Firefox 1x running on a Windows box. I don't have Safari/OSX, so I can't test for it.

I'll be honest, though, it took *months* to get this site working right in the browsers/platform I did test on, so be patient, 'cause I imagine it will be a similar problem with OSX.

I have to say, if your box isn't running a new-ish (say last 2 years) version of whatever, you'll have problems. And I'm sorry to say, I just don't have time to make the site work for old versions of stuff (honestly, I don't think I *can* and have it still work in the newer versions!).

I'll look into the OSX issue.

Vicky - adding this to the list...

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
No worries Vicky,

Knew when I desided on this OS it wasn't supported by the vast majority of software application.

When in the forums, reloading the page will get it to load right.

Tony

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Fanks, Tony. I'm already half-bald (figuratively speaking) from the list I've got *now*, LOL......

Vicky - working on lots of new exclusive-to-patrons nifty stuff

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Usually when the browser locks while posting it's while trying to link me back to the thread... as the posts seem to have taken when I relaunch. But no big deal, until the Day I can't access it.

Wrathwilde

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns